When were you completely AWED by something at Disney?

We were at MK on an extremely busy day. It was lunchtime, and Cosmic Ray's was so packed you couldn't stir them with a stick. They were not letting anyone sit at a table unless they already had food from this restaurant, but it still took us a while to find a seat. Well, clumsy me, DW's drink fell off the tray as I tried to set it on the vacant table I managed to find. I thought either I would have to go ask for another drink or, if they refused, I'd have to buy another. But as busy as they were, there were two CM's right there to come to my rescue, one to clean up the spill, and one to go fetch another drink at no charge. Having worked opening night at a theater showing Batman in 1989 and at Walmart, well, anytime , I'm used to crowds this size, but normally, the more crowded and busy it is, the fewer employees are available for such things. But I was amazed that we got help so quickly, especially since it was my fault to begin with.

I just sat here and read through this entire thread and I just wanted to thank everyone for sharing their stories! It makes me even more excited for our upcoming trip.

The tooth fairy Tink story and a few others may have had me tearing up while I read. :thanks:

I love reading all of these!

I know someone else mentioned it, but seeing the Kiss Goodnight for the first time last year really got to me. It was also my first time closing down Magic Kingdom at 1AM, and we were walking back from riding POC when I heard the "sparkles" so I ran to get a better view and started tearing up immediately.

Awed at Disney..we did a behind the scenes tour and visited the laundry..o m g. Imagine the movie monsters inc, and the room with all the doors...now replace the doors with laundry on hangers zooming above your heads and all over the place, like a insane Alice in wonderland version of your local dry cleaners automated racks...

And awed...amazed and humbled...to be asked to be in the stars and cars parade in 2003 during our honeymoon. Pictures or it did not happen, right? Check in my signature, there is a picture. The parade setup is amazing! Getting to see it from behind the scenes makes me appreciate every second of it more.

We were set up in a antique style car with a backwards speedometer. The driver told me that the higher the number the slower the car goes, because it is set for parade length, so if he goes to 30, it’s a 30 minute parade, and 45 is a 45 minute parade, (I do not remember the exact numbers, it might have been 30 40 45?) and the car we were in set the pace for the wholething. Near the end, he got a radio call to basically speed up the parade, because a storm was brewing to come in and everything had to be inside before it hit.

We are forever fans because of this once in a lifetime experience.

Oh...I almost forgot. During my first trip to WDW when I was 6, I got to see the MSEP. I loved it so much I got a record of it with images from the parade. I played it every day till we were victims of a flood when I was 12, and it was ruined.

Anyway, every other trip since then, there was a reason we could not see it, either it was retired and spectromagic was running, or just the timing did not work out. Then in 2013 for my 10th wedding anniversary, we found a way to make it work, and I got to sit on the curb like I did when I was 6 and watch the parade. This was a year after my mom had passed and we were both big fans of Disney. I felt like she was there watching it with me just then.

Sitting there, watching the lights, I just bawled my eyes out, so amazed that after all those years, my husband had no idea how truly special it was for me. I am awed they can keep something for so long that I was able to experience it’s wonder and awe as a small child and a full grown adult.

And..my hubby found a copy of that special record, too...it was his 10th anniversary gift to me.

There are many....

The one that really sticks out in my mind is from our first trip to WDW when DD was 7.

We had breakfast at Cinderella’s Royal Table, and DD was completely mesmerized by the princesses, especially Aurora, her favorite. When the entire room of children and princesses made a wish with their magic wands, the look on her face made me “happy cry.” I will never forget it.

We go every trip even though she’s 20, and I still get choked up.

How Disney really has the whole "vacation thing" figured out! From ME picking you up and taking you to and from the airport and Resort. The transportation to and from the parks. The ease of the Magic Band for all your needs. The whole trip is basically made very easy for you!!!!!

Thanks for the comments. Brought back memories and give me ideas to look forward to.

Most of all, I'm in awe with Disney's logistics. This must be a hard place to run. How many eggs / buns to buy, how many people to hire, how to train them, how to do crowd controls. Every big companies do it, but after all these years, Disney is still THE BEST at it. No other theme parks / entertainment companies come close.

Last edited:
rope dropping Magic Kingdom for the first time and getting to ride in the second boat on Pirates with my parents. i am in my 20s, so it was a fun, kid-like moment to share with them.

first time I saw the monorail red when I was 6. I was in awe. got a tattoo of said monorail 12 years later. :rotfl2:

I have so many moments.

The first time I saw Cinderella Castle - fairly obvious, I'd think. That moment of magic that is hard to beat.

The first time I saw Wishes, IllumiNations, and Happily Ever After - I cried each time. They are all amazing shows that just left me speechless.

When I checked into the Grand Floridian. The level of service, the beauty of the resort, the sheer magic the place gave off was just incredible.

When I walked through the Osborne Family Dancing Lights for the first time... I couldn't stop looking around at everything. It was magic brought to life in a holiday way that I had never experienced.

Most recently, when we went to Disneyland Paris and we got sight of the Disneyland Hotel, I was just floored by how beautiful it is. Same with Sleeping Beauty Castle, it left me in awe too.

I'll go back to the very first time I remember being awed by something at Disney. We visited in 1984 when I was eight years old, and it was our first visit to EPCOT Center. Long before the days of the Internet, I had no idea what we were visiting. We strolled up to Spaceship Earth, and I can still remember being stunned right from the start. I still feel that way with this attraction, even after all the changes. It's up there for me.

July 1972 7 years old Parents took me and my sister... Place was Magical right from the start... Have a picture with a really funny looking Mickey Mouse.....lol

September 2016. The first time I saw the Festival of Fantasy parade. I had a perma-grin on my face the whole time. Love all the floats, but especially Tangled.

Over the years I've had more than a few awe moments at Disney World.
But... Turning the corner and walking into The Streets of America all decked out in the Osborne Family Christmas Lights for the first time literally took my breath away. It was visually stunning & after I gasped, I was completely caught up in the awesomeness of the moment.
Simply stunning.
My favorite also and sadly they have discontinued this. I begged my DH to take me that final year, couldn't let it go without seeing it one more time.

The time we stayed at AKL. We walked into our Savannah view room and heard the craziest noise, just couldn't figure out what was making it. The next day we figured it out. A pair of cranes had a nest built in the rocks and each time one of the larger animals got near they put on a show like you wouldn't believe. We also loved going to sleep at night to an Eland sleeping under the tree by our window and waking up seeing him still there. Captured a video of one of the Giraffes not watching where he was going and bumped right into a tree head first. Wonderful place to stay, we didn't want to leave to go to the parks. We were lucky to have stayed there when we did it is a bit pricey for us now.
But our new favorite place is POR, it's beautiful there and we love Yeehaw Bob and the carriage rides. It's also a very lovely walk to POFQ.

On one of our visits and on the first day of our visit, we happened to be arriving on Main Street just as the 3:00 parade was arriving in the area. I don't remember which one it was, but it had the floats that looked like snow globes. We were able to walk right up to an empty spot on the sidewalk and watch it. It was just this totally magical moment as if the parade was arriving just for us. It was one of those moments that will most likely never happen again, but will forever encompass the magic and child-like amazement I love when I'm at DW.

Seeing World of Color at DCA. I'm pretty stoic usually and was struggling not to cry by the end of it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!