When Will the US Reach 100,000 COVID deaths?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to hand it to these people creating a new meaning for Memorial Day: A day of remembrance of those who made sacrifices to improve the intellectual gene pool in the US.

Meanwhile, over in China, a new cluster case in a NE region has the government requiring lockdowns again.

This doesn't look enjoyable in normal circumstances! People enjoy this?!

This after the governor of Arkansas announced a high school pool party created a rash of new cases. Covidiots.

Meanwhile, in the state of Missouri, one hairstylist that continued to work with symptoms came into contact with 84 clients and another 56.
Two stylists were positive at that salon, one working while sick for EIGHT DAYS. Idiot.

This doesn't look enjoyable in normal circumstances! People enjoy this?!
Yes, under normal circumstances, people do enjoy this! (Don't participate if you're not inclined.)
Some of us are social people and miss close interactions with other human beings...

Yes, under normal circumstances, people do enjoy this! (Don't participate if you're not inclined.)
Some of us are social people and miss close interactions with other human beings...

Don't get me wrong, I like being social, and I like pools. I don't think I need to be in that many people's body fluids though. I don't see what's appealing about this particular setup.

Don't get me wrong, I like being social, and I like pools. I don't think I need to be in that many people's body fluids though. I don't see what's appealing about this particular setup.
What fluids? Spit, pee, their spilled drinks?
It's not different than it has been in years past....when it was "acceptable".
Again, participation is optional...

What fluids? Spit, pee, their spilled drinks?
It's not different than it has been in years past....when it was "acceptable".
Again, participation is optional...

I understand, I'm just saying that being in a pool where if I slip, I land on someone because that is how close they are doesn't seem in anyway appealing. It's not like you can cool off, there is no personal space whatsoever. The water is probably not even refreshing, and yes, full of everyone's sweat.

Don't go to Party Cove (which is actually on the Lake itself) lol

Also a Margaritaville exists down there too after taking over Tan-Tar-A resort.

Really those pools are newer in the last several years. A bunch of places started building pools on their grounds so people can eat, drink, have a DJ or music playing in a certain area while others can be more leisurely eating and watching the boats go by or other events like dog leaps into tanks for charity, etc. A favorite place of ours did that and no I'm personally not interested.

For context Memorial Day weekend is ALWAYS busy; it's the beginning of the season. This year it's only making the news because of what we're all going through but trust me it's not anything new or shocking what you're seeing. We purposefully avoid Memorial Day, forget going on the main channel without a yacht you'll get bounced around like none other; in-law's 24ft boat doesn't stand a chance in the main channel.

But these things happen other places. When we went to our honeymoon we went to St. Lucia and Sandals has 3 resorts there. We picked the smaller one but you could go to the other two ones to swim,eat and shop. The other 2 resorts were party places with wet t-shirt contests several times a day. Not our cup of tea personally speaking.

I understand, I'm just saying that being in a pool where if I slip, I land on someone because that is how close they are doesn't seem in anyway appealing. It's not like you can cool off, there is no personal space whatsoever. The water is probably not even refreshing, and yes, full of everyone's sweat.
Last June when we were in Vegas we kinda got in the habit of looking at the resorts and their pools if we could see them from the Monorail. Having stayed at Mandalay Bay in the past while packed it also is huge. One of the pools that was on the small side and was always packed was Bally's;nary a spot to move in. I don't think too many people expect crowded pools to be refreshing or at least that's not the reason they are in the water. You're there to socialized, drink alcohol if allowed in the pool or some other drink, enjoy the music, etc. Like I mentioned in my other comment it's not exactly my thing but it's something people do enjoy doing.

My cancer is "the guy cancer" = Prostate. A search shows >>>

Prostate cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death in men in the United States. It is estimated that 33,330 deaths from this disease will occur this year. However, the death rate has dropped by more than half from 1993 to 2017 as a result of screening and treatment advances.

My PCa happens to be the top dog Gleason 10, only 1 in 20 have this aggressive one. After hearing about the "Covid-19 Badge of Honor reference" maybe my wife and I should now feel that my possible death from PCa would be included in the ever decreasing number of PCa deaths of fellow American men that results from the cancer metastasizing in pelvic area to brain causing horrific pain to be a Badge of Honor. Thinking about putting a flag in our front yard so DW can fly it at Half Staff when I kick the bucket. :sad2:
@John VN - you won't know me, but I've read some of your posts on the running forum. I'm sorry to hear you're dealing with PCa - I'm extending my good wishes to you and hoping you have lots more time to enjoy with your DW.

I am sure someone will come along soon and say she needed to feed her children.
Just because this idiot did something reckless and stupid, it doesn't mean that others in good health shouldn't advocate for being able to get out and support their families. It's not a good look to belittle those who are begging for a way to put food on the table in a responsible manner. It's really quite disgusting to belittle it.

It amazes me how so many are yelling at the top of their lungs to reopen the economy but have no interest in doing the work to do it. Its not hard to practice social distancing
Social distancing was occuring at the Great Clips but that was negated with working while experiencing symptoms.

I guarantee you there never was going to be 100% social distancing at that lake. A decent amount of restaurants can enact certain measures for distance between patrons and occupancy. Boating itself (not hooking up your boats like you do for Party Cove and the like) you can, swimming in the lake there's plenty of places to go swimming with no one around, tubing, skiing, jet skis, etc you can. The pools shouldn't have been open but that would not have stopped people from getting together and partying. It's Memorial Day weekend it was inevitable as unfortunate as that sounds. However, plenty of people I'm sure did social distance. That lake is huge, mammoth, it's like the spring breaker photos, that's what the news will circulate on.

But let's also be honest not every person who isn't social distancing also isn't necessarily saying the economy is at the forefront of their mind. You've made that connection so many times over. People can be concerned about the economy and social distance. It doesn't mean that lack of social distancing means you don't care about the economy anymore than lack of caring about the economy (at least as the salient part) means you're social distancing. I social distance and I care about the economy but people I know who don't social distance at all period no way just going to do what they want (and not in an entitled way just they don't take this virus as seriously) are not people who are vocal about the economy reopening. But that's ancedotal. I'm sure we all can find the person that fits your thoughtprocess perfectly. I think we just need to realize that's not reflective of every person out there.

@John VN - you won't know me, but I've read some of your posts on the running forum. I'm sorry to hear you're dealing with PCa - I'm extending my good wishes to you and hoping you have lots more time to enjoy with your DW.

Thanks for your reply. 47th Anniversary next week, 70th BD in July, only complaint is bone on bone knees means no more marathons otherwise just taking things as they come. Hope WDW Marathon Weekend returns for you and all others.

Just because this idiot did something reckless and stupid, it doesn't mean that others in good health shouldn't advocate for being able to get out and support their families. It's not a good look to belittle those who are begging for a way to put food on the table in a responsible manner. It's really quite disgusting to belittle it.

Oh please. Give your righteousness a rest for one night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter