• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When You Go To Seaworld is it true that they give a discount to those that are disabl

DonaldsGrl103

DIS Veteran
We are going on our holiday trip so we would love to stop by seaworld. Their is 4 of us and we will being using our southwest discount but my brother in the party is disabled and I could of sworn on here that you can get a 50% discount but how do we go about it? Any help is appreciated
THANKS

yes there is- We did not use it, we were on a wish trip at the time- but if you go to the ticket counter and ask- they should give you 50% of that admission- so have been able to get the same discount for one companion- not sure if that is true, it never hurts to ask though.

I've heard the same things that Anne heard;
- that you ask about the discount at the ticket booth (the person with a disability must be with).
- that the discount is for the person with a disability and one attendent.

If you go to the Seaworld Website you can download their Accessibility Guidebook. There is also an email link to contact Seaworld.
It does say on their website that they have a discount available for people with disabilities, but there are no details.

We visited Sea World last week. It was our second visit - first time was last December. I don't know about admission, but I will say Sea World does a very good job dealing with guests with disabilities. The handicapped parking is right up front near the gate - sort of like a mall parking lot as opposed to WDW theme park parking. I used an ECV both times I was at Sea World & never had a problem getting into an attraction or a show. Their employees seem to be constantly aware of people around them. I would not hesitate to return to Sea World.

Thats just great to hear guys but I do wonder if they have any accomodations like disney does if you need to change someone who is in a diaper? Like a first aid station? Any help is appreciated.
THanks and happy holidays

The Accessibility Guidebook that you can download (see my last post, above) indicates they have 2 First Aid Stations, where I'm pretty sure you would have no problem.
The Guidebook also lists some Companion Restrooms, but doesn't tell anything else about them.

We went to Seaworld last week, and my son is autistic. we asked at the Guest relations desk before we entered about a discount for disabled children and carers, and they said yes. My son got in half price, and so did I. We had a copy of our DLA letter and our pediatricians letter but they didn't need to see it.
Seaworld was totally great, and provided some of our best moments. DS is mad about Finding Nemo at the moment, and spent ages touching and feeding his favourite Mr Ray. Worth every penny... :cloud9:

Also they have a new kind of GAC, you just ask at Guest Services inside the park. It provides for going on the rides they have, but we never used it, we spent too long with those stingrays..... :earboy2:

Glad to hear you could confirm the discount.
Also, that you had such a good time with the Mr. Ray. Hard to figure out what will be the thing of interest sometimes.

FYI, I e-mailed Discovery Cove to ask about a discount for people with disabilities (since they are owned by Sea World) and was told there wasn't one there. Just in case anyone was wondering about DC.

Sandra

SandrainNC said:
FYI, I e-mailed Discovery Cove to ask about a discount for people with disabilities (since they are owned by Sea World) and was told there wasn't one there. Just in case anyone was wondering about DC.

Sandra
Thanks for the info. I think someone else reported the same thing about a year ago, so it sounds like nothing has changed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter