Where are all the crowds??!

Tinks

<font color=red>I had the hots for my accounting t
Just got back from Florida---We were at Disney June 30 - July 3rd and then returned for one day July 10th. I expected heat and crowds with lines making it difficult to get around and making for a long day. I was surprised! The weather was nice! The only significantly hot day was July 10th. The previous days we actually saw people in pants!

The other shock---no crowds. I remember trips with many, many people, long lines for almost every ride, and crowded walkways and restaurants. We were able to do many rides in a short time without taking advantage of EMH. I'm pretty picky and consider anything over a 20 minute wait to be a pretty long line. The only one we saw was for test track, 65 minutes around dinner time. Mission Space was a walk-on every time we stopped by. Splash Mountain was around 25 minutes by afternoon, but again, not crazy like I expected.

Hope everyone had good trips! Any questions?

A lot of people seem to be reporting managable crowds. That is wonderful for everyone who was just there. However, I thought this was peak season?

I was in WDW from 7/4-7/10. I have been there the last 3 summers and I thought the crowds were very bad and the weather was extremely hot and humid. Even our town car driver and DVC tour guide said that the weather was terrible this summer. I thought the parks were extremely crowded, and we were only in them in the mornings and evenings (we took long afternoon breaks at the resort).

When the July room only codes were announced before the end of the 7 for 5 deal and now the August room only codes are out, I had a feeling that the parks must not be that busy.

Now I hope the weather will hold out for another 2 weeks. I can handle the heat, its the all day rain that messes up the parades.

I guess they all came this year June 7-12 because it was very busy during that time. We were there from May 29-June 12 and it was not to bad til the 4th (we went to Univeral the 4th-7th) and when we got back to Disney there were people everywhere. No place to even sit at lunch time and lots of ppl waiting for tables, wait times on many popular rides 60-80 minutes (we are spoiled by off season visits).

if the nationwide economy is similar to our area people are not spending on entertainment cause they don't have anything extra to spend! I can't believe how many rest. with coupons in our entertainment book have folded in the past year( the other day of the 3 or 4 in the area we were in, every single one was no longer in business!)some had been in business for a long time. guess that's good(?) news since it may make wdw cough up good savings on rooms and hopefully not raise other costs too much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter