Where are Dorothy's shoes and Mary Poppings Carousel and Talking Water Fountain

phoebusII

Mouseketeer
Where can I find Dorothy's red slippers and Mary Poppins carousel at MGM? We were there a few years ago and the shoes were on display while we where in line for the great movie ride, but last December they were gone. Also where is the talking water fountain in Epcot? My kids would get a big kick out of seeing them.

I too recall that Dorothy's shoes being in cue to the great movie ride. I don't know where they have moved to. Mary Poppins carousel is in the magic kingdom, not MGM. When you walk in to fantasyland through the castle it is straight in front of you. The talking water fountain is in futureland in Epcot, it is located in front of a large shop (Mickey something or other, it is huge, you can't miss it) it is not advertised so you may have to try different ones, there are a few of them. People tend to crowd around them once someone has used it, but other times there is no one around. I actually found it on accident, I was just thirsty and I saw a fountain not in use and it just happened to talk.

Dorothy's shoes are not at WDW any more. They were on loan from the person who owned them. I think I read that the owner sold them to someone else. At any rate, they are not at WDW any more.

Mary Poppin's carousel horse was in the line at the Great Movie Ride right before you get into the big waiting room that has movie previews running. The carousel in Fantasyland is called Cinderella's Golden Carousel.

The One Man's Dream display (I think that's what it's called) MGM by the large sorcerer hat, has Mary Poppin's (Julie Andrews') dress from the carousel scene. That is a very good display and would probably interest you.

I apologizes for giving misinformation regarding Mary Poppins carousel. Come to think about it, I do kind of remember the carousel in line for the great movie ride.

Thank you for correcting me!

Thanks everyone. We'll be looking for these things when we go. Its always nice to have once more thing to search for and my daughter will love the Mary Poppins dress.

Only 2 more days until we go!!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Talking water fountain in EPCOT------bathrooms between Imagination and Land Pavilions-- (more in front of the Land).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter