where are the codes for the general public or disney visa cardholders

Just that the MYW $1500 promotion is going so well that they may not need to offer public discounts.

In General, the MYW promotion is doing well, occupancy rates are up, so they're not seeing the need to "Bribe" their guests with lower rates.

No code for me and I don't need an AP - so today is the day I needed to make the deposit on our room at WL and I did not do it. $300 courtyard with AAA discount for June. It was $266 standard with AAA discount. I've stayed at WL several times before and it's just not worth that. I mean I love it, but usually I'm not there - I'm in the parks, etc. and so I just cannot justify it. I'll go back to WL, but probably in September when it's less crowded and I can really enjoy the resort. I wanted to go, but for the money there's so many other places I can go and save WDW for a time when it's cheaper.

Saw the first ad for a Disney Vacation I've seen since last spring in this morning's paper. If they're running an ad, maybe they not booking as well as we fear? Maybe a general public code will come out next month.

But, I booked what I can afford and am happy with - if a code comes out, I'll either add another princess: day or upgrade and it will all be pixie dust!

Dont expect as many codes as in previous yrs.... Generally AP's, FL Residents, and AAA are the only codes that are consistantly given.... They are focusing more on the Pin codes, which are randomly sent out by the marketing dept... sometimes going out to folks who have been to disney a million times, sometimes going out to folks who have never been or only been once or twice... Also the PIN Codes are non transferable, so unless you got it or someone in your family got it and they are going with you, dont bother calling the Res Center, cuz they wont honor it. The pin code is attached to a specific name/address, so you cant give it to someone else.

tripplanner2 said:
Do you know if there are any pin codes for July?

From what I know, they are just starting to send some out, but again, its totally random.... and again, its done by marketing, not CRO....

And on a side note, all those really obnoxious questions those CRO agents ask us everytime we call? last visit to WDW, how many times we've gone, email addy? that all goes back to marketing and thats how they pull lists and names for the PIN Offers... *shrug* so some people may not mind answering thos questions every single time they call... Personally, if marketing wants to know, they should ask, not have the poor reservation people have to ask.... :confused3

Elfstar said:
But, I booked what I can afford and am happy with - if a code comes out, I'll either add another princess: day or upgrade and it will all be pixie dust!

I think you hit the nail on the head. It's important to remember that while we all love codes- they're not guaranteed. If you want a discount thats "guaranteed" go with AAA....dont hold out for a code.

Last april when we went- we booked ASM with a AAA rate, I was happy with it, and actually made the decision to stay on site- based on that AAA rate...couple months before we went public code came out- I applied it to my reservation, and put that money i had already planned on spending- into the "blow at disney" fund. Pixie Dust it was

Brandy

I love WDW and the WL, but for this trip we're staying at Universal - our AP's are still good until August 5th. We may just drive over and have dinner at WL one night and watch the EWP and then go back "home" to our room at Universal. For us this makes sense in the summer, because we don't have to stand in line at Universal. I'll be back to WDW during value season and when the parks are slower. I'm also tacking on 4 nights at the beach at a Hilton for $99/night.

Actually, I forgot to say that I booked with the AAA discount!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter