Where are the December updated hours?

teachertink

Mouseketeer
Waiting and waiting and waiting for December updated hours. It seems so late. How do you plan, when the schedules are not out?

Waiting and waiting and waiting for December updated hours. It seems so late. How do you plan, when the schedules are not out?

This is our 8th year of waiting, waiting, waiting and it doesn't get any easier. I read a few years ago they update the park hours on the third Monday of the month before, but as it's Disney, anything can change. I'm checking daily so I can tweak our fastpasses and ADR's when they finally update it.

This is our 8th year of waiting, waiting, waiting and it doesn't get any easier. I read a few years ago they update the park hours on the third Monday of the month before, but as it's Disney, anything can change. I'm checking daily so I can tweak our fastpasses and ADR's when they finally update it.
It seems hours were updated much sooner two years ago when we went. I thought in October.

It seems hours were updated much sooner two years ago when we went. I thought in October.
Some have been updated already (up to and including 22nd December for MK). When I booked our fastpasses on October 12th, all parks opened at 9am but now some days MK opens at 8am, which changed earlier this month, so I changed my fastpasses to start from 8am on those dates. I know for a fact that from around 21st/22nd December onwards, MK will not open at 9am. The last 7 years it's opened at 8am with EMH from 7am every day over Christmas so we're hopeful this year will continue that trend.

Almost all of December's hours should be updated by now. Usually about a month in advance

When we went in June 2016 and June 2017, it was around mid-month the month before...but usually on the Friday or the Monday. And that seemed to be a reoccurring theme...so maybe check tomorrow? But honestly, with Disney its like a crap shoot I think.

I'm waiting too:( I'm "assuming" Christmas week will open at 8am...with maybe some extra EMH at 7am. But like all of y'all, waiting to finalize some stuff

I'm waiting too:( I'm "assuming" Christmas week will open at 8am...with maybe some extra EMH at 7am. But like all of y'all, waiting to finalize some stuff

AK's park hours were changed a while back and AK is opening 8 am every day that week with EMH at 7 am.

AK's park hours were changed a while back and AK is opening 8 am every day that week with EMH at 7 am.
I'm mostly waiting on MK hours. I feel like I'm pretty set on the other parks with our ADR's and Fp's. I think MK is the one that I might have to do some rearranging.

Almost all of December's hours should be updated by now. Usually about a month in advance

Just curious if you know~all Saturdays at Magic Kingdom leading up to our date of December 16th have closings at midnight. Saturday the 16th is 9pm. Is that just a slower Saturday so no extended hours or any chance that may still have a later closing time? Thanks!

December 3 MK opening changed from 9 to 8 awhile ago. I was able to grab a 7DMT fastpass.

Why are the park hours expected to change? In what way?

Extending the hours earlier/later. 6ish months in advanced initial hours are released. Then sometimes extended later, usually for the busier times.

They don’t commit to the early/late hours for the busiest times so far in advance and do it about a month before.

Times updated but bummer...was looking to move up 7DMT FP+ but nothing showing available at anytime on my day. Wonder if the additional FPs will be added later?

We have an 8:15 CP reservation on the 21st, if MK is opening at 8, will they let us early or not? Hoping to get those elusive empty Main Street photos but not sure if it will work out...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter