Where are we, Jersey? Bye, Phoenicians! An August 2017 TR * NEW DINING/TR LINKS*

Steve did make a good decision and now that ME picks you up 4 hours ahead I’m seriously thinking about taking a taxi back to the airport
Love your pictures of the Poly.
Flight leaves at 8:25am looking forward to 10 days at the BC :cloud9:
Happy Thanksgiving!

So I'm trying to decide if I should interrupt this August TR more and do a quickie Nov. report
There’s nothing wrong with a quickie.

See, I don’t have as much time these days for commenting, so it’s important to make them count :p
My job here is done.
Looking forward to hearing about the November trip!

meandkari-jpg.282918

Yeah this is a horrendous shot. Kari, myself and our DH's spent a nice night eating and drinking around WS before going over to Abracadabar for one final nightcap, but this is the only picture I seem to have.
Horrendous shot, but speaks volumes for my fuzziness at the time :P

img_7664-jpg.282916

Do not ask what I'm doing in this picture; all I know is Casey told us to pose, and apparently at 46 this is how I pose.
Welcome to my world. When you've got a family of hams ya gotta just jump in there.

That's really nice that they do that!
It is, but we really wish they'd figure out how to let us make FP's once we order the ticket!

That's very cool...good to hear he's able to do that so quickly.
Well.......yeah, didn't go that well. But now after 4 days home doing nothing but resting he's MUCH improved :thumbsup2 Even walked down the stairs today without his crutches! He has to use them until we see the surgeon again on the 27th because his knee could go out on him these first few weeks, but he had all his weight on both legs and just had the crutches in his arms in case he needed them. No pain pills since Friday, just some Aleve, and he's going to school again tomorrow for 5 out of 8 periods.

You had a beautiful view!!! I LOVE being able to see the Castle from my room...
So do I, and fireworks whether from MK, HS, or Epcot :goodvibes

just saw on FB now ME will be bringing us to the airport 4 hours before flights now starting today ugh!
I know :sad2: I GUESS I get it? Although we haven't had any experiences with it taking forever to get through TSA at MCO. No way will Steve put up with getting picked up 4 hours early lol, so if they're still doing that in March we'll be taking a taxi/Uber to the airport when we leave. And FYI, I called DME today for a client leaving Disney on the 25th, and their pick-up time is 4.5 hours before their plane leaves :rolleyes:

That is the best! You had so many fun looking DisMeets!!
DisMeets rule :banana:

Steve did make a good decision and now that ME picks you up 4 hours ahead I’m seriously thinking about taking a taxi back to the airport
Yup, and if you see my comment above, I have clients traveling this week returning home on the 25th with a pick-up time 4.5 hours before their plane leaves...........

Flight leaves at 8:25am looking forward to 10 days at the BC :cloud9:
Happy Thanksgiving!
You're there now, hope you guys are having an amazing time and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!

There’s nothing wrong with a quickie.
LOL Steve definitely wouldn't argue with you there!

See, I don’t have as much time these days for commenting, so it’s important to make them count :p
My job here is done.
You came back for a moment and did your job well :thumbsup2
Always good to see you, Jeff!

Looking forward to hearing more about your November trip! :thumbsup2
Glad you're hanging around Tracy :)

Horrendous shot, but speaks volumes for my fuzziness at the time :P
lol but we were having fun! :drinking1:drinking1

Welcome to my world. When you've got a family of hams ya gotta just jump in there.
Oh I understood that right away. I wasn't going to question Casey's command AT ALL!

Hi everyone, hope you all had a good weekend! Ours was kind of quiet; Ricky stayed home to rest which has seemed to pay off as he's doing SO much better! He went to school again today for 5 out of 8 periods after trying an unsuccessful half day Wed. and then staying home again the rest of the week. He can now put pretty much full weight on his left leg (the one the surgery was on) and thinks he doesn't need the crutches, but the Dr. wants him to keep using them just for stability until we see him again on the 27th. I'm just thrilled he's feeling better and walking better :goodvibes
Saturday night I went out to eat (drink) with some friends and we saw "Bad Moms Christmas". Not as good as the first Bad Moms but still funny! Yesterday Chris had his first travel basketball game of the season and tonight my sister and nephews arrived from Georgia. Let the holidays begin!
Nov. 5th, Continued
So we were about to board the monorail for some MK time when I left off, and that we did.

IMG_7498.JPG

And it was Christmas in the MK! We rode some rides and I actually tried the fruit and nutella waffle from Sleepy Hollow for the first time (which I forgot to mention in my dining report). It was good! Strawberries and bananas were fresh although there were 3x as many strawberries as bananas, and the waffle was super good. One ride we did of course was HM. Have any of you heard the story about Constance having thrown her wedding ring out the window of the mansion at one point, and it being embedded in the concrete in the walkway? Well, this was a story that started circulating most likely here on the boards a few years ago that was actually not true at all. But, because it caught on and so many people started looking for the ring in the HM queue and and asking CM's about it, Disney put a ring in the concrete in the queue a year or two ago :goodvibes

IMG_7503.JPG

Learned all that on the Marceline to the MK tour!

Right around 1:00 we moved over to Epcot to begin our Food and Wine fun!

IMG_7513.JPG

We were pretty hungry but started out visiting the Festival Center, where we picked up our AP buttons:

IMG_7518.JPG

They gave us Nov. and asked if we'd gotten Sept. and Oct. buttons. When we said no they gave us those, too!

We had some great eats and drinks which you can check out in my dining report if you're interested and this is also when we saw Su-Lynn and Steve again!

sulynn.jpg

Around 4ish we got to Coronado Springs which was going to be our resort for the rest of our stay. We were in Casitas 3 which is where we were on our first stay and we also lucked out and got a refurbished room!

IMG_7522.JPG

IMG_7523.JPG

IMG_7526.JPG

IMG_7527.JPG

Sorry for those, just wanted to show the refurbed room. We LOVED it, especially with the king bed there was tons of room to move around. If you remember from earlier in this report I didn't like the hardwood flooring in the new YC rooms but it didn't bother me as much here; maybe because the boys weren't with us to make as much mess? Whatever the case we both love the way the new rooms look and were hoping to switch our March Pop reservation here (but right now we have something I think is even better :))
We freshened up, jumped on a bus to MK and then hopped a monorail to the GF to meet up with Jenny and her DH Joe, and their cute as a button niece Gia at Mizner's:

meandjenny.jpg

We were supposed to meet around 5 since Jenny and Joe had a 6pm Citricos reservation, but we were moving kind of slow and then the monorail moved slow so unfortunately we didn't get there until closer to 5:40. We didn't have much time together but were having so much fun talking, before we knew it the time was 6:15! Joe went to check them in for dinner and we said our good-bye's. Three great DISMeet's down!

As they went to dinner we went back to Epcot to catch the 8:00 Eat to the Beat Concert with Living Colour. I love seeing 80's bands play at Epcot; sometimes I only remember a couple songs they did but then as we watch and listen, more come back to me. And most of the bands that play there do GREAT! Living Colour was no exception and there were quite a few mega fans in the audience. While we were at the resort I'd booked an 8:30 ADR at Biergarten; lately I'd read some good reviews here which made me want to go back since we haven't been in a few years. No pictures since my phone was acting up but we enjoyed it. There were only about 4 other parties in there and one other party seated after us since they stop serving at 9 but we didn't feel rushed, and a nice young couple from the U.K. were seated across from us. Steve feels awkward in situations like this and while I was kind of too tired for small talk with strangers, we did end up having a nice conversation.

**continued in the next post**

CONTINUED FROM LAST POST

Picture of Living Colour that wouldn't fit in the last post:

IMG_7537.JPG

As we left WS after dinner to get the bus, we came upon an upward drawbridge just passed the Outpost and right before China. This is lifted up in order for the globe from Illuminations to pass through back to it's home until the next night:

IMG_7539.JPG

IMG_7540.JPG

IMG_7542.JPG

IMG_7544.JPG

If you're never seen this, they swing gates shut on either side of the pathway so you can't continue walking. Then once the globe is out of the way, they push a little button, lower the bridge, and let you through again :)

That was our night! Two more full days left to go on our Food and Wine trip!

Saturday night I went out to eat (drink) with some friends and we saw "Bad Moms Christmas". Not as good as the first Bad Moms but still funny!
My wife and I have been trying to get out to see this, she loved the first movie. We had a sick girl this past weekend so never got out. We’ll probably try this weekend. Sounds like it’s worth watching.

We rode some rides and I actually tried the fruit and nutella waffle from Sleepy Hollow for the first time (which I forgot to mention in my dining report). It was good!
I didn’t have that waffle but would like to try it. I did have the ham and swiss and thought that was pretty good although I would have preferred mayo instead of ranch dressing.

We LOVED it, especially with the king bed there was tons of room to move around. If you remember from earlier in this report I didn't like the hardwood flooring in the new YC rooms but it didn't bother me as much here
I don’t recall being in a hotel room with hardwood floors. I guess it’s more sanitary and I understand why they switched, but I’m not sure I’d like it. Of course if I’m in WDW I’d be happy enough no matter what the floors are I guess.

If you're never seen this, they swing gates shut on either side of the pathway so you can't continue walking. Then once the globe is out of the way, they push a little button, lower the bridge, and let you through again :)
I saw this once and thought it was cool to see. I had never given much thought to how the globe gets out there.

We rode some rides and I actually tried the fruit and nutella waffle from Sleepy Hollow for the first time (which I forgot to mention in my dining report). It was good! Strawberries and bananas were fresh although there were 3x as many strawberries as bananas, and the waffle was super good.

Yum! I always think this looks so good! I love nutella. I don't eat a lot of dairy, but I make a serious exception for nutella.

They gave us Nov. and asked if we'd gotten Sept. and Oct. buttons. When we said no they gave us those, too!

Coo!

We were in Casitas 3 which is where we were on our first stay and we also lucked out and got a refurbished room!

So nice! I'm glad you liked your refurbed room!

Another fun report...those rooms do look really nice!

We've seen the bridge going up during the day to get the floats out to the middle...but not at night. Very interesting for sure to see that!

Glad Ricky is doing so much better!

Your room looks nice. Interested to see how your bus experience is. I usually avoid CBR and CSR because of the size and multiple bus stops. I stayed at POR for the first time this year and was pleasantly surprised (but I will add it was a slow week so not sure what it is like when it is busier)

I'm just thrilled he's feeling better and walking better :goodvibes
So happy to hear that!

Saturday night I went out to eat (drink) with some friends and we saw "Bad Moms Christmas". Not as good as the first Bad Moms but still funny!
I totally agree! Saw that myself over the weekend. :thumbsup2

I actually tried the fruit and nutella waffle from Sleepy Hollow
Yum, I tried this for the first time in August and LOVED it!

Disney put a ring in the concrete in the queue a year or two ago :goodvibes
What?! What a cool story! I'd heard about this too but had no idea it took place after the fact. Oh, Disney... :cloud9: Now if they could just do something about DHS... :sad2:

this is also when we saw Su-Lynn and Steve again!
Yay! What a great Dismeet-filled trip already!

img_7664-jpg.282916

Do not ask what I'm doing in this picture; all I know is Casey told us to pose, and apparently at 46 this is how I pose.
Love it!

...well continuity's sake, but that's getting kind of old in my mind and then by the time I do get to Nov. I'll be forgetting that, too! So after another 2 minutes consideration I've come to a decision-------------
Ha, I like how your mind works!

Glad to hear that Ricky is starting to do better. I hope you enjoy the holiday.

I'm glad to hear that Ricky is moving around more. It's nice that he has the Thanksgiving holiday to rest his leg.

Whatever the case we both love the way the new rooms look
Those bathroom sinks look really nice, and more practical than the typical shallow bathroom sink.

As we left WS after dinner to get the bus, we came upon an upward drawbridge just passed the Outpost and right before China. This is lifted up in order for the globe from Illuminations to pass through back to it's home until the next night:
Did this happen after most of the crowds had left the World Showcase? It would be annoying to wait if you were anxious to got out of there.

Hi everyone, hope you all had a good weekend! Ours was kind of quiet; Ricky stayed home to rest which has seemed to pay off as he's doing SO much better! He went to school again today for 5 out of 8 periods after trying an unsuccessful half day Wed. and then staying home again the rest of the week. He can now put pretty much full weight on his left leg (the one the surgery was on) and thinks he doesn't need the crutches, but the Dr. wants him to keep using them just for stability until we see him again on the 27th. I'm just thrilled he's feeling better and walking better :goodvibes

Good news! Hopefully he keeps just getting better and better!

Aw, really? Bummer! I still want to go see it though!

Let the holidays begin!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Have any of you heard the story about Constance having thrown her wedding ring out the window of the mansion at one point, and it being embedded in the concrete in the walkway? Well, this was a story that started circulating most likely here on the boards a few years ago that was actually not true at all. But, because it caught on and so many people started looking for the ring in the HM queue and and asking CM's about it, Disney put a ring in the concrete in the queue a year or two ago :goodvibes

Learned all that on the Marceline to the MK tour!

We just learned that on our KTTK tour, as well! But I didn't actually see the ring. I guess I'll have to keep looking!

We had some great eats and drinks which you can check out in my dining report if you're interested and this is also when we saw Su-Lynn and Steve again!

Nice photo!

We freshened up, jumped on a bus to MK and then hopped a monorail to the GF to meet up with Jenny and her DH Joe, and their cute as a button niece Gia at Mizner's:

Awesome! You must have have perfect timing!

As they went to dinner we went back to Epcot to catch the 8:00 Eat to the Beat Concert with Living Colour.

I only know one song, but I would have like to have seen them…if only we didn't have to wake up two days in a row at 3:30 am :rolleyes1

Is this a thing?? How cool!

My wife and I have been trying to get out to see this, she loved the first movie. We had a sick girl this past weekend so never got out. We’ll probably try this weekend. Sounds like it’s worth watching.
I hope your daughter is feeling all better by now :) The movie is definitely worth seeing, it's still hysterical! The first one just had a bit more of an edge and this one was a little more predictable.

I didn’t have that waffle but would like to try it. I did have the ham and swiss and thought that was pretty good although I would have preferred mayo instead of ranch dressing.
That ham and cheese one looked good, too! Now that I've had one I'd go back and try other kinds.

I don’t recall being in a hotel room with hardwood floors. I guess it’s more sanitary and I understand why they switched, but I’m not sure I’d like it. Of course if I’m in WDW I’d be happy enough no matter what the floors are I guess.
I don't think I'd ever stayed in one without carpeting until our 2 nights at Yacht Club in August, and I didn't like it. You could see crumbs/dirt more easily and stuff stuck to your feet :crazy2: and since they don't vacuum daily it was just gross and I felt the room was dirty all the time. However, for whatever reason it didn't bother me at CSR and I can only think of one reason: the kids weren't with us. Boys are disgusting slobs as you know since you were/are one. But more important they're always eating snacks in the room so crumbs are plentiful. We really didn't eat in the room so that took care of that problem! I'd stay at CSR again because we really enjoy the resort and like the new rooms, but I do think if the boys were with us I'd start not liking the flooring.

So nice! I'm glad you liked your refurbed room!
Yes! Although not thrilled with the floors for reasons I explained above, it didn't bother me this time and I do like how they look.

Another fun report...those rooms do look really nice!
Don't they? At least they had the picture of the 3 Cabelleros so there was a little theming. Even with the old decor it was really only the runner on the bed that you could say was themed.

lad Ricky is doing so much better!
:thanks: so am I! Looking forward to our follow-up with the surgeon Monday so we can hopefully get going with P/T again :)

Your room looks nice. Interested to see how your bus experience is. I usually avoid CBR and CSR because of the size and multiple bus stops.
The first time we stayed at CSR back in 2014 we had what was probably our best bus service of all our trips, including of our deluxe stays. This time bus service wasn't bad; our mistake was often going to El Centro to get the bus. Most of the time it's just how it worked out because for whatever reason we went there first. It's the last stop and so the buses were always crowded. We always got on and pretty much always got a seat but still. The couple times we did go to stop #2 which is the Casitas stop the buses were much more empty. We only waited awhile once and that was for a HS bus.

What?! What a cool story! I'd heard about this too but had no idea it took place after the fact. Oh, Disney... :cloud9: Now if they could just do something about DHS... :sad2:
lol seriously!
I started hearing this story here on the boards and had no idea it wasn't a "thing" until the tour! Pretty cool they incorporated it for super fans, but it would've been cooler had it been part of the original storyline.

Glad to hear that Ricky is starting to do better. I hope you enjoy the holiday.
Thank you and same to you!

Ricky stayed home to rest which has seemed to pay off as he's doing SO much better!

Hooray! I'm so glad he's feeling better. And it's good that he gets to rest even more because they have some time off school.

Ooo so cute. I love Remy.

Sorry for those, just wanted to show the refurbed room.

Don't be sorry it looks lovely! For some reason I really like the new sinks and the color of the new doors to the bathroom area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!