Where can I get a cup of Tea in the world?

mmtdevlin

Mouseketeer
Hello, can anyone tell me where my family and I can get a cup of tea in each of the parks? dh, myself and both ds's are not coffee drinkers and like to start the day with tea. either a counter service place or a sit-down but preferably the first.

Thanks

mmtdevlin

Grand Floridian has a wonderful high tea. In Epcot United Kingdom might. Other than that I think you might be disappointed. Americans don't know how to serve a nice cup of tea (IMHO). I'm a tea drinker both loose & tea bags. When your out usually the water isn't boiled and by the time you get it its lukewarm.

Good tea on the Boardwalk either at the bakery or the Boardwalk Joe cart. They had lots of choices, mostly twinings or bigelow I think. I like decaf teas and they had a few to choose from, DH likes fruity teas and there were plenty of those. We didn't try for tea anywhere else.

I know the quality isn't there, but you can also get a cup of tea at the food courts at the resorts. At least it will be hot. Also found Twinings tea bags at the England gift shop in the World Showcase.

I usually carry my own teabags with me everywhere. At the little bookstore at MGM next to Sci-Fi they didn't charge me for the water since I was using my own tea bag even though I offered to pay.

If you carry your own tea bags you can usually get very hot water where they are selling coffee, but you will usually be charged the same. It's worth it to me not to have awful tea.

You can get hot tea almost anywhere. Even the counter service places and the drink kiosks have tea boxes with a pretty good selection of tea bags. As others have mentioned, they just give you hot water from the coffee machine in a styrofoam cup, but it's okay when you really just want some tea.

Starring Rolls is another place to get a cup of Hot Tea. They have a few varieties of Twinnings tea.

I am another who also drinks tea and not coffee (never have, never will). I too carry my own tea bags with me when we travel as I like a particular brand and type. At the food courts in the resorts, I use my own teabag and get hot water. but since I DO NOT like dry creamer, I usually get a small cup (they use for water) and put regular creamer in it. That way my tea has time to brew.

I haven't had too much trouble with getting a cup of tea at the counter places, and most sit down restaurants should offer tea as well as coffee.

For those who love tea, the California Grill has a special tea menu (at least they did in January). It's pricey though. My wife had a cup of tea (loose) that was either $10 or $14 (can't remember). It was the greatest cup of tea (or coffee for that matter) that either of us has ever tasted. She wants to get it again this coming Saturday.

MK - Main St bakery
EC - Sunshine Terrace, Electric Umbrella, Rose & Crown
MGM - Starring Roles
GF - Garden view lounge, Gaspirillas

TwingleMum,

This was this past January and I didn't take a menu with me so I may not be 100% accurate. If I remember correctly, they had a selection of about 5 to 10 different teas with blends of different tea leaves from around the world. They were really unique and I never heard of most of them. The prices ranged from $5 to about $14, if I remember correctly. No tea bags - strictly loose tea in those stainless steel tea "steepers". I had never tasted a hot drink (tea, coffee, cocoa, etc) like the tea my wife had - it was sensational. And I think the list of teas was on the dessert menu (or maybe the after dinner spirits menu).

We will be there this coming Saturday night and my wife has said that she will be getting tea again. I will let you know more when we return.

Originally posted by randyl
TwingleMum,

No tea bags - strictly loose tea in those stainless steel tea "steepers". I had never tasted a hot drink (tea, coffee, cocoa, etc) like the tea my wife had - it was sensational. And I think the list of teas was on the dessert menu (or maybe the after dinner spirits menu).

We will be there this coming Saturday night and my wife has said that she will be getting tea again. I will let you know more when we return.

Yes, when you get really wonderful tea (which is not put in teabags by the way) it is heaven.

I am really "into" tea. I buy it from Upton's tea which has a web site. They have a fabulous collection and are SO helpful. When you find out what kind of tea is your favorite you can probably order it there if you'd like to have it at home.

I had so much fun in London going to Fortnum and Mason and looking at all of the wonderful teas. Assam is my favorite.

Arminnie - Thanks you . I'll check them out. I'm very into tea, also. We get our tea from Harney & Sons. They supply the tea for the tea at the Grand Floridian and the Plaza in NYC. Both blends are excellent. Harney & sons has a website and a tea room in Conneticut. We get the tea of the month club.

Randyl- Thanks you so much for your kind offer. Do you remember which teas you liked??? Have fun Saturday. I'm soo jealous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter