Where can I purchase a tshirt?

Meagansmom

DIS Veteran
Help Experts! First thing: Are there usually alot of characters outside while waiting in line to open the parks? All of the times, I have never seen any until we get into the park. My dilemma: we want to purchase a tshirt for autographs. I know we will not have time to stop at an airport shop. The shop online the Universal website has been down for some time. Does the Universal store in Citywalk open early (before the parks)? And I do not remember alittle shop outside to purchase prior to opening. I guess, can I purchase one prior to or wait until the park opens and buy one right away in the Universal store ? Everyone just back - what are your experiences. Thanks for any information!!!

Nice idea about the autographed shirts. Be aware tho, that many of the characters do not sign autographs because of costume constraints (spongebob can't even shake hands).
Your ideas for locating the shirts are all good ones, and I think you are right about the characters only appearing inside the gates (I think they also do appearances for meals at the hotels but I have no clue on that having never been to a charatcer meal myself). I have never seen any of them at citywalk or even on this side of the turnstiles, but they are easy to meet and greet once you enter, especially if you arrive in the opening hour.
There is one small shop that bridges the exit turnstiles/outside of Universal (all the way to the left as you approach the gates). They might have some stuff. On Citywalk several shops offer nice shirts. If you want specific character shirts your own local KMart or Target would be a good place to check before your trip. They won't have Universal or IOA shirts though.
:jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter