Where did the pockets go?

I don't want tons of things in my pockets...I just slide my cell phone in there and go. Old Navy jeans, FTW! And if you think trying to find regular pants with pockets is tough, try finding riding breeches. Oof.

I love watching the red carpet at award shows and the stars show that their A-line dresses have pockets. Every dress that isn't a slim-fitting in the hips, mermaid-style dress should have pockets. :thumbsup2

I just looked that up since I never watch award shows. Many of those dresses are styled in a way that you'd never even know there were pockets if the stars' hands weren't inside them. Some of the pockets still seem pretty small, but hey, at least it's progress! I do wonder if any of them ever actually carry stuff in the pockets of their dresses though, or if the pockets are just there as a new fad among the stars.

LLBean Perfect Fit pants. Read the description of what you’re ordering though, because some have pockets and some styles don’t. Make sure the Description of the ones you pick say they have front pockets.

These are nice pants. Knit fabric but nice enough to wear to work etc.

Probably because the majority of designers are men? And I guess they think women should carry their belongings in a purse (which may also be designed by the same designers)?

I agree with you OP, it’s really frustrating. I hate the fake pockets. Even worse is trying to find a skirt or dress with pockets. As if women don’t want practical clothing. Yeah, we only want to look good. :rolleyes2
:blush: Guilty as charged. I don't like the way pockets sometimes bulge (especially sitting down) and wouldn't think of walking around with a whole bunch of stuff jammed into them. The only pants I own with pockets are jeans it wouldn't bother me if they had no pockets either. I do have a number of dresses/skirts with pockets but they seem to be more of a design element than a utility although one certainly could carry things in them if they wanted. I'm often wearing a coat or jacket when I'm out so I do use those pockets for putting things in if needed.
As for a pocket for a cellphone, my work requires me to wear black dress pants. I, so far, have been able to get away with wearing really dark black, slim leg jeans that have a patch pocket in the back. Unfortunately, most jeans are made of cotton or a cotton blend, and the pockets, way too soon, start to show fading where the cell phone is placed, meanwhile the rest of the jean still look pretty new. :headache:
My DH wears a lot of chinos and dockers-type pants that are cotton. He carries his wallet in his back pocket, (which I think looks terrible :scared: ) and yes, it doesn't take long before that faded imprint starts to be pretty noticeable.

:blush: Guilty as charged. I don't like the way pockets sometimes bulge (especially sitting down) and wouldn't think of walking around with a whole bunch of stuff jammed into them. The only pants I own with pockets are jeans it wouldn't bother me if they had no pockets either. I do have a number of dresses/skirts with pockets but they seem to be more of a design element than a utility although one certainly could carry things in them if they wanted. I'm often wearing a coat or jacket when I'm out so I do use those pockets for putting things in if needed.

My DH wears a lot of chinos and dockers-type pants that are cotton. He carries his wallet in his back pocket, (which I think looks terrible :scared: ) and yes, it doesn't take long before that faded imprint starts to be pretty noticeable.
On my DH’s jeans one pocket has the faded shape of his wallet and the other the faded shape of his phone. They might as well be labeled. 😆

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter