Where do I find info on off site condo rentals?

disykat

This person totally gets me
I've been scanning trip reports and generally looking all over here but can't find much. I'm a long time diser who has always stayed in the Disney transportation system, but need to house 6 adults in 4 bedrooms on a budget over Christmas next year. Hoping to find a condo resort with a shuttle, but will also have a rental car and uber as options. Can anyone help me find info? Thanks!

We have stayed at Windsor Palms and Windsor Hills booking directly with the owner through homeaway.com and enjoyed it. There is access to a shuttle service, but we did not use it. You can filter or search for your required amenities on homeaway.com. Pay attention to reviews. There is more information regarding offsite condo stays scattered through the Orlando Resort and Attraction forum.

Check VRBO and AirBnB too - VRBO has a lot of listings for larger properties that can accommodate large groups.

You can always rent from a Wyndham owner for Bonnet Creek. They are mostly on Timeshare User Group. The normal rental price is $8 per point. That would make a 2 bedroom deluxe the week before Christmas cost only $900. If you are okay with 2 king beds, two queen beds and a sofa bed, the 3 bedroom deluxe would cost $1400. It would be double the price the week of Christmas however, but Bonnet Creek is a 4 star resort on Disney property and the shuttle is $7 per person per day.

Thanks so much! You've given me some great starting points. On my way to the Orlando Resort and Attractions forum to read up!

Thanks so much! You've given me some great starting points. On my way to the Orlando Resort and Attractions forum to read up!

We book at least two VRBO rentals a year(not in Orlando though). They are super reliable and will back you up if there are owner issues.

We’ve found amazing deals on hotel tonight app. Can’t hurt to try.

We have booked all 6 stays in Orlando through VRBO, there are so many places to chose from. We like to stay at resorts that have many different accommodations (condos, houses, hotel rooms) pools, restaurants, etc. so it feels like a resort but without the cost of Disney. Car rentals can be very cheap and much more reliable than shuttle transportation. Navigating around Orlando is a breeze but the traffic can be bad in certain areas. I recommend choosing a place that has good reviews, clear communication, and the price point you want.

We booked a house through VRBO last year when we went. Very happy with the experience and the house. Would definitely go this route again.

You can also do a VRBO or homeaway search for Oakwater Kissimmee. Oakwater is located closer to WDW that Windsor Palms. I don't think there are 4BR units, but there are many 3BR that sleep 6. Outside of peak/holiday times - Ubers are about $10 to/from the parks. and there is a Super Walmart right next door. Some of the units are VERY economically priced!

We stayed at a 3 bedroom condo at Windsor Hills 12/18-12/26. 4 adults and 2 children. It was clean comfortable and spacious. We did have 2 cars, which was nice for options on transportation. I have an annual pass so parking is included at the parks. I did take an Uber once from Riviera, with tip it was 12.00. The condo was less than 200.00/ night. I found the owner directly, and that lowered the price by about 15%. I will definitely do this again.

Redweek.com and TUG2.net classified ads sections are places I've used to do timeshare rentals when doing a full week. (Fri - Fri, Sat-Sat, or Sun. - Sun.). I like the offsite timeshare condos more than a house or regular condo for all the amenities and resort feel, and those are typically my top choice in Orlando for a stay of a full week if it fits into the typical timeshare rental timeframe. One tip -- just say "no thank you. I'd rather have a root canal in a nice pleasant way" if asked if you would like to do any kind of resort tour or timeshare presentation.

For shorter stays (more expensive than owner rental) I have sometimes booked directly with the property (e.g. booked with Diamond Resorts for Cypress Point this past Dec. (Dec. 21-25) for visiting family in Orlando and was quite pleased with the rate I could get for a two-bedroom (big savings with the direct stay to do a non-refundable vs. the cancel option like a hotel). This was more expensive than an owner rental for sure, but an owner rental would not have worked for my timeframe and even with taxes my nightly rate was just around $150 a night for a lovely two bedroom / two bath spacious lovely condo with balcony, great common area, and kitchen (wonderful for gathering with family). We rented two of these rather than getting a house. This worked great for a trip to see family down in Orlando just before Christmas planned only about a month before going down.

You can also do a VRBO or homeaway search for Oakwater Kissimmee. Oakwater is located closer to WDW that Windsor Palms. I don't think there are 4BR units, but there are many 3BR that sleep 6. Outside of peak/holiday times - Ubers are about $10 to/from the parks. and there is a Super Walmart right next door. Some of the units are VERY economically priced!
I stayed in a lovely 3br at Oakwater a few years ago. I’m sad that unit is off the rental market, and am looking for suggestions as well. Thanks for the thread.
P

You can always rent from a Wyndham owner for Bonnet Creek. They are mostly on Timeshare User Group. The normal rental price is $8 per point. That would make a 2 bedroom deluxe the week before Christmas cost only $900. If you are okay with 2 king beds, two queen beds and a sofa bed, the 3 bedroom deluxe would cost $1400. It would be double the price the week of Christmas however, but Bonnet Creek is a 4 star resort on Disney property and the shuttle is $7 per person per day.
How do I find an owner to rent from?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!