• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where do I get a bagel at 4AM?

AliciaS

Mouseketeer
Hello All,

We are accustomed to having a bagel (usually Brugger's Honey Grain) 2 hours before our long runs. Any suggestions for Sunday morning before the race? I don't care if the bagel is from the day before. Do they sell bagels anywhere at the Polynesian, where we are staying? We will be at Downtown Disney Saturday afternoon. Should we pick them up there? If so, where?

Any banana suggestions? Do they sell them anywhere at the Poynesian?

I know much of this would probably be provided at the start, but I REALLY like to eat 2 hours before-hand or I get cramps...and that could turn a 4.5 hour run into a 5.5 hour run.

Thanks for any suggestions you can throw my way. It's getting exciting, isn't it?!

Alicia

I would say pick them up at Captain Cook's (the quick service place at the Poly) the day before and keep them in your room. This way you can make sure that you can get what you want and will have it on hand. Also, saves any suprises should they not have what you want and gives you some time to go elsewhere.

Hope that helps!
Solotraveler :earsboy:

That would also be my recommendation. I understand that they are usually a bit more prepared at DW for the runners who will be looking to pick up this sort of thing. I don't believe there will be anything available at the time we must arrive however. The day before would be your best insurance.

Thanks you two. You confirmed what I thought we'd be doing. Since I've never been to Captain Cook's, I didn't know if they had bagels. I'll be sure to bring some good plastic bags to put them in so they survive until the wee hours of Sunday morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter