Where do you even start..

I have seen several posting about ANA airlines... could you please give me some insight?
as well could you or are you going to do a trip report?
Ana is a Japanese airline and from what’s I’ve heard they have amazing customer service. We earned points with chase cards and switched our points over to Virgin Atlantic. We booked our Ana flight through them. If you go this route you just have to give yourself enough time to gather the amount of points you need to fly. We wanted business class seats and it took us about 2-3 months to get the points we needed. United also has rewards flights with Ana but they charge about double the miles than virgin Atlantic.

I’m planning on writing a trip report. I haven’t decided if it’ll be on here or if I’ll make a new site for it. Dh wants to vlog while we’re there which we’ve never done before

I have seen several posting about ANA airlines... could you please give me some insight?
as well could you or are you going to do a trip report?

In economy class, I would prefer ANA unless I could fly a 787 with a US based airline but had to fly a 777 with ANA for that route.

In business class, I would pick ANA over any US based airline.

This is all assuming the route is the same and equal price/miles. If the comparison was with other Asian airlines, the lines would be less clear cut.

In economy class, I would prefer ANA unless I could fly a 787 with a US based airline but had to fly a 777 with ANA for that route.

In business class, I would pick ANA over any US based airline.

This is all assuming the route is the same and equal price/miles. If the comparison was with other Asian airlines, the lines would be less clear cut.
The business class seats with ANA are way better than the ones with United airlines!

We are flying ANA end of June (using United miles). I've heard people complain, that in general, Japanese airlines cabin temperatures run higher than the US carriers' do. This has me a bit worried, so we bought small rechargeable fans for the flights!

We are flying ANA end of June (using United miles). I've heard people complain, that in general, Japanese airlines cabin temperatures run higher than the US carriers' do. This has me a bit worried, so we bought small rechargeable fans for the flights!
Huh I haven’t heard that before. That’s interesting

I have read nothing but good things about JAL, so I feel good about that. The only issue I ran into was I couldn't get onto their site and prebook our seats because of the codeshare. I ended up having to do it through American, but got the fee waived, luckily! A footrest sounds great haha!

Something else I did to save money was I found out JAL has domestic flights for super cheap if you book really far in advance, so instead of buying the Japan Railpass, which is pretty pricey, we are flying in-country for less. It's a special website to purchase their domestic flights.

I will look into JAL domestic pricing. What about Hong Kong? I plan on booking far in advance to get to Hong Kong to from Tokyo. Is the best thing to do book roundtrip from US tokyo and then roundtrip
from tokyo to Hong Kong? Or just fly from Hong Kong back home? Did you find it any cheaper? Im 2 years away for the trip. Thx

It will usually be cheaper to do roundtrip US/HK than roundtrip US/Tokyo. However, the cheapest option may be to have a stopover in Tokyo on the way to Hong Kong so you have one leg HK/US, one leg HK/Tokyo and one Tokyo/US. I've done quite a few San Francisco, Tokyo, Hong Kong 3 leg trips. I often fly United though so if you are trying to be on an Asian carrier, the prices may not be what I experience.

I will look into JAL domestic pricing. What about Hong Kong? I plan on booking far in advance to get to Hong Kong to from Tokyo. Is the best thing to do book roundtrip from US tokyo and then roundtrip
from tokyo to Hong Kong? Or just fly from Hong Kong back home? Did you find it any cheaper? Im 2 years away for the trip. Thx

I know I said this in the other thread, but just to reiterate, I watched flights for a while and played with a variety of scenarios. Doing two round-trip flights ended up being the best option money-wise. Also, look into the nearest biggest cities to you to fly out of. Chicago was decently priced for us, but Toronto ended up being the winner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!