Where have all of the photopass CM’s gone?

Maybe it was a fluke on Sunday and Monday. We saw a few more yesterday at Epcot than we did on Monday. Maybe it was the cold weather. There still do not seem to be as many as there were last time we were here in May 2017. I missed them at the front entrance of Epcot and in the World Showcase on Monday. Also not as many on Main Street or by the Tree of Life at Animal Kingdom. I wish they would put some by all of the Santa’s in world showcase since they offer to take pictures after their stories but I only saw one in America.

We just got back yesterday and felt like the normal about was at MK. We didn’t see as many in EPCOT it Hollywood studios though.

We didn't see any roaming Photopass photogs when we were in Disney Springs 11/14. We went to the Photopass center and had some photos taken there, but I missed having a couple taken in front of World of Disney like last year.

Oh, and off topic but the thread title immediately had me singing 'de do do, de do do, de do do, de do do, ...'. And now I'm unhappy. LOL

I just came here to say this but see I was beat to the punch...LOL!

I just got back and someone tried to convince me at guest relations there were more then ever. However, I 100% don’t believe that. I actually saw none at Epcot except at the front by the ball, and the entrance. They were also at the character spots, but none were observed “wandering” etc by me.
The same pretty much at all of the parks. I remember in the past that I would encounter photo pass randomly at spots. I just did not see them this trip.

We were there 8th-14th. I have no basis for comparison (as this was the only time we've been), but the level of photographers did seem to fluctuate with the weather over the course of the week.

I didn't realize when the levels were low until there was a good day and there were 2 - 3 times as many out. The low day had only 3 photographers from main street up to the castle, the good days had upwards of 10 in the same space!!

We were just there this past weekend (15-16th) and also commented that the number of PhotoPass photographers seemed lower than normal.

We didn’t actually count or anything, so I have no quantitative facts to back me up, but we’ve been three times in the past three months and we felt that there were fewer this weekend than our past trips.

OP, your post says "at Disney" are you sure you aren't at Universal instead :jester:
This sounds like something Josh from EasyWDW would say lol. "Was at IoA and overheard a family looking for a photopass photographer and wondering how long the wait was for Soarin'..." LOL! :P

I was there December 13th to 17th and I definitely noticed fewer Photopass photographers in the parks. I figured it was weather related (it was lightly raining for much of my MK day). I also had a lot of quality issues this trip. Some can be fixed with editing (all the pictures that are insanely crooked) and others can't (photos that are out of focus). Maybe it was just bad luck - at one point, my husband and I were waiting for a photographer who seemed to be taking a lot of time with each group - multiple poses, creative poses, lots of shots. We waited a long time but figured it was worth it, since we were bound to get some good shots. When it was finally our turn, he said, "Ok, you're my last group for the day!" and he quickly snapped 5 pictures. 2 are not in focus and the lighting on the other 3 is terrible (like the flash went off when it shouldn't have). I understand that it's the end of your shift and you're in a hurry to go but it was very disappointing to wait so long and not get the same treatment as all the groups ahead of us.

I was planning to get Memory Maker as a gift for my mom for our family trip this summer. This thread has me reconsidering.

I was planning to get Memory Maker as a gift for my mom for our family trip this summer. This thread has me reconsidering.
Depending on how large of a family, i would still recommend it. Especially for a mom/grandma going with multiple children/grandchildren. We went in June with my mom & step-dad, my family of 3 and my sister’s family of 4 and we got plenty of photos. We made sure to get group shots of the whole group and each family unit. Part of our Christmas gift to my mom was photos from that trip using the photo pass photos.

We also were all linked so when my sister’s family was off by themselves they could get their photos and it showed up into my account. It was well worth getting.

Just at the parks from dec 22-26...photographers were much sparser at magic kingdom!!! Saw two or three on Main Street with one at the tree. Otherwise only photographers were at characters. And no photographers at night. Also saw very few at Hollywood studios outside toy story land (which had 3 or 4 that I saw). So it appears to me they are using less photographers than in the past.

We were there 8th-14th. I have no basis for comparison (as this was the only time we've been), but the level of photographers did seem to fluctuate with the weather over the course of the week.

I didn't realize when the levels were low until there was a good day and there were 2 - 3 times as many out. The low day had only 3 photographers from main street up to the castle, the good days had upwards of 10 in the same space!!

We were there the 14th thru the 22nd and I also belive the level is weather related. None were out in drizzle, and it was that misty rain a lot that week.

I would consider getting the MM anyway. We still got a lot of pictures even with the reduced number of days the photographers were out. Our week was littered with rain so we missed several days, but are still happy with teh number of family photos we do have.

Maybe it was a fluke on Sunday and Monday. We saw a few more yesterday at Epcot than we did on Monday. Maybe it was the cold weather. There still do not seem to be as many as there were last time we were here in May 2017. I missed them at the front entrance of Epcot and in the World Showcase on Monday. Also not as many on Main Street or by the Tree of Life at Animal Kingdom. I wish they would put some by all of the Santa’s in world showcase since they offer to take pictures after their stories but I only saw one in America.
Yes, I found it odd there were none at the entrance to Epcot to take a pic with the topiaries and ball in background - they were further up. But I did get a magic shot with Mickey sitting next to me from that one.

When we were there in early December there were a lot of them at Epcot and MK. Seems more sparse at Studios and AK. And when we were there 24th-25th there were a good deal at the normal spots. Ive always found them all over Epcot and MK. And during the holidays was no different. Ill see what we find on our trip in January since we will be there a week and have more time to look around and find them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter