Where should we stop?

One suggestion that's really helped us out is google maps. Any real map will do besides your GPS. We messed up once getting to 19 from 79, turned off about 100 miles too soon. Not that WV isn't a nice area to drive through it just added to the already long drive. I found zooming in on the area saving the picture of the off ramps, on ramps, exits to hotels etc smoothed out the drive. I've now done this with every vacation since. Even a few years ago from Fort Lauderdale airport they opened up 7th and 1oth so you can leave and go straight south where before you had to go north up the the u turn to be able to go south.

One suggestion that's really helped us out is google maps. Any real map will do besides your GPS. We messed up once getting to 19 from 79, turned off about 100 miles too soon. Not that WV isn't a nice area to drive through it just added to the already long drive. I found zooming in on the area saving the picture of the off ramps, on ramps, exits to hotels etc smoothed out the drive. I've now done this with every vacation since. Even a few years ago from Fort Lauderdale airport they opened up 7th and 1oth so you can leave and go straight south where before you had to go north up the the u turn to be able to go south.
That's a great idea.

We're from the Niagara Region and usually try to drive about 15 hours, stopping at the Best Western Savannah Gateway. It's got a breakfast, plus a Denny's if you're interested and a McDonalds about a 1 minute walk away. Great place to stop and depending on the time of year can be cheap. Plugged in a random date in April 2019 and got a range of $70-90 US. From here you've only got about 5 hours to go to Disney.

We just did the drive from Niagara Falls via I-77 and I-79 leaving at 3 am and arriving in Jacksonville at 8:30 that night. The next morning it took about 3 hours to Disney Springs. My husband did all the driving as he likes to drive and is a terrible passenger, lol. We have done this many many times, but on the way home we take our time. Hope this helps. We are 57 and 60 btw and do not drive with young children anymore.

We just did the drive from Niagara Falls via I-77 and I-79 leaving at 3 am and arriving in Jacksonville at 8:30 that night. The next morning it took about 3 hours to Disney Springs. My husband did all the driving as he likes to drive and is a terrible passenger, lol. We have done this many many times, but on the way home we take our time. Hope this helps. We are 57 and 60 btw and do not drive with young children anymore.
Great to hear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter