Where to buy womens clothing, preferably online?

rnorwo1

DIS Veteran
hi,
I got a new job and really need to update my clothing. I used to buy most of my clothes at Loft on sale, but they haven’t had much lately. I’m mid-40s, I’d love some ideas for nice but not terribly expensive casual and business attire, especially online stores with returns. I don’t have the time to sift through places like TJ Maxx and Marshall’s. Thanks for any recommendations!

I do most of my work shopping at White House black market. I only shop sales or use coupons. I also go through Ebates and use a gift card I’ve gotten on sale. I think their quality is good and I like their style.

I do most of my work shopping at White House black market. I only shop sales or use coupons. I also go through Ebates and use a gift card I’ve gotten on sale. I think their quality is good and I like their style.
Do you get coupons from signing up on heir site? I’ve always loved their clothes but felt they were too expensive.

I buy most of mine at Ann Taylor. Since you like Loft, you might also like Ann Taylor. Although I admit I don't like their styles much right now. I'm hoping the summer season brings a better lot.

The Ann Taylor Factory Store at the outlet mall near me is great - much cheaper than the regular Ann Taylor prices, and a nice selection. Styles tend to be similar to what the regular Ann Taylor stores are offering at the same time, but a bit simpler. But the Factory Store stuff isn't available online - you have to hit the store. If you have one nearby, it might be worth the trip.

I also buy a fair number of pieces at Kohl's.

I prefer Talbots. I did a lot of damage this past January when their sale hit. I will say it's hit or miss for me. I'll either find a ton of stuff I love, or I'll walk out the door in 5 minutes.

Best of luck in your new job!

ETA: I like that I can buy online and return to a store. For my last big shopping spree, I was physically in 2 stores and made 2 online purchases after being in the stores. I found items on sale that weren't my size, but I found them online.

Do you get coupons from signing up on heir site? I’ve always loved their clothes but felt they were too expensive.
I can’t remember if it’s for signing up or for being a silver member. But they often have them floating around. I’m a total budget shopper (single mom to two teenagers) and feel I do really well there. They put new stuff on sale on Wednesday so if I’m looking for something I scour the website then. Also they often have an extra 25% or 40% off sale items.

I like The Limited although the one in our mall closed. Also Express has nice slacks and dress shirts. Kohls's and JC Penney's has cute tops, and Old Navy sometimes has great priced cardigans and crop pants. I like WHBM too, I've gotten good deals on the sales rack.

I prefer Talbots. I did a lot of damage this past January when their sale hit. I will say it's hit or miss for me. I'll either find a ton of stuff I love, or I'll walk out the door in 5 minutes.

Best of luck in your new job!

ETA: I like that I can buy online and return to a store. For my last big shopping spree, I was physically in 2 stores and made 2 online purchases after being in the stores. I found items on sale that weren't my size, but I found them online.

I haven't bought anything at Talbots in awhile, but when I did there was a "red line" in the store. It is was on a little table which had the catalogs. If there was something you wanted to order and you used the "red line," it would be free shipping. And, as mentioned, if it didn't fit when it arrived, you could return it to the store.

I love Banana Republic Factory Store (they are online also but I find their prices to be higher online than in the store) and White House Black Market outlet. I’d got some killer heels for WHBM online and Michael Kors online on sale.

For online shopping, I like Nordstrom because they have free shipping and free returns.

I shop at old navy, the clothes are practically free, when they have 40 - 50% off sales (and unlike Kohl’s, the6 don’t raise the prices on items when they have sales). The quality isn’t the greatest, but if I get a year out of a $10 blouse, I’m happy. Free shipping after a certain amount, free returns by mail.

I’m also a big Nordstrom’s fan.

I like White House Black Market. I have a local store, but they do not carry the petite sizes in the store. If I am unsure of the size, I might order two sizes and then take the one that didn't fit to the local store to return. I can wear the regular length ankle skimmer pants from their store and they fit me like regular length pants. I am 5'2". The petite size pants I usually have to go up a size from regular pants.

I find that finding good pants is hard. I will pay more for a good pair of pants as they will last longer than tops, since the style of tops changes with trends. So I buy less expensive tops. I love jackets and blazers but I try to find them on sale.

I have been surprised at Express there is a business style clothes section with dress pants, blazers, and office appropriate shirts. Express there are often sales and I get discount cards in the mail. It's not just a teen store: https://www.express.com/womens-clothing/wear-to-work/cat1910076

I am the same age, and also like a lot of the store you and others have mentioned. I used to be a J.Crew, Gap, Banana Republic, Ann Taylor, Victorias Secret, Macys Brands, Anthropologie etc. Now I primarily shop at Loft, Boden and sometimes at Nordstroms. I fill in with Kohls- though I find their cloths are lower quality so they don't last. If you haven't tried Boden, they are online, I love them.

You can try TJ Maxx online. Your first order is free Shipping if you give them your email address online. I found some clarks sandals and a cute purse for good prices.

To echo off of the TJ Maxx thing, I've had some success with TJ Maxx online. From my experience, most items can be returned back to the store (it will state on item if that item is an exception)- which is convenient if you live close to one. I've noticed they also offer free shipping during random weekdays without a minimum spend. I think their normal free shipping threshold is $89. Good luck!!

I signed up in store and they send me coupons and sales emails constantly. I go to the Tanger Outlet store near me (White House Black Market) and I watch their specials and I keep an eye on their sale rack. I bought quite a few of my work clothes there but I was also in a casual dress environment. I used to find items at Talbot's but they no longer hit the spot for me - I liked their classic items, but lately in the last year I don't find much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter