Where to Eat With Kids???

msteddom

We always wait in line in California (something)
Now I know this seems like a silly, silly question, but it is causing me concern. This will be my 5th trip to WDW, but I do not have children. Now I'm planning a trip with my aunts and their children, ages 12 (boy), 12 (girl), 8 (boy), and 5 (girl). We will do most of our meals at counter service, but I would like to plan a few special meals and events for them. This is their first WDW trip!

I already have PS for:
Cindys Breakfast
Illuminations Cruise

I was thinking about adding:
'Ohanna dinner
PRime Time 50's lunch

I have been warned by my mother that neither of her sisters are planners, so I'm not allowed to meticulously plan like I would for myself, but we'll be there in early Aug. so I would like to have some PSs just in case. Any suggestions would be welcome!

I would also suggest that you consider Chef Mickey located in the Contemporary. The kids will love all of the characters. Great pictures. I agree with your other choices. Hope you have a great trip!

Chef Mickey's is great for kids, but may be too "kiddish" for 12 year olds (you know how they can be). We actually found that our son (5 YO) loves the California Grill. The view keeps his attention and they brought crayons so that he could draw and color on the paper tablecloth. Friends of our did the same thing with their two kids (8 and 5) and also found that the view kept their attention for a long time.

I'd agree with Chef Mickey's. There are a lot of food choices and plenty of charactors. The CR is also pretty cool to walk around. Did you consider HDDR?? Thats loads of fun. Lots of corny laughs and the food is pretty good. It also gives you an opprotunity to check out FW. I just got another thought. Trails End Buffet at FW is the best deal for dinner at WDW. The food is the same as HDDR. And if you time it right after dinner you can go to the campfire program in the meadow and watch a movie with Chip & Dale and toast smores. You can check all the menus at alllears.net and decide . Have a great trip.

For character meals, find out the childrens fave characters and let that be your guide.

WC & Ohanas are great family fun restaurants.
Everyone will enjoy the surroundings at 50s PT or Sci Fi.

The Hoop de Doo would be a fun dinner show for everyone.

Dont worry wherever you eat their are childrens menus and they will be fine.

Chef Mickey and Ohanas is great but dont forget about Whispering Canyon Cafe

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter