Where to find board rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

thadhouse

Earning My Ears
https://www.disboards.com/threads/will-a-rental-crackdown-reset-dvc-resale-prices.3939315/ was closed down by a moderator for breaking board rules, but I've spent the last half an hour digging, and can't find rules clearly listed anywhere. I looked at all the pins, and they were not helpful at all. How are users supposed to know the board rules if there's nowhere to find the board rules? And the warnings in that thread are multiple pages back, so it's impossible to expect everyone to have read back and know the thread has been warned, especially for when the posts saying the thread is warned are not clear why, and what rules were broken in the first place.

Ideally, when closing a thread or deleting posts due to rules violations, the rules broken should be linked to, so other users can learn what the rules are and what was actually broken. Just deleting posts and saying stop breaking the rules does nothing to teach users new to the forums, and just stifles discussion. That thread had a lot of good discussion, but its very easy to accidentally post about something the rules don't allow, especially because thats exactly what the thread itself is discussing. But the thread itself isn't bad.

Last edited:

PLEASE post a link to any business or site you wish to mention or discus

The above thread is pinned to the top of each of the DVC discussion forums, and will explain why the thread was locked. Too many posters were discussing a site that is contained in the DIS filter.

Posting guidelines can be found in the description of the Welcome to the DIS forum. Here is a direct link to them:
https://www.wdwinfo.com/guidelines.htm/

Per Guideline #9, questions or concerns about moderating decisions may be sent to admin@ wdwinfo.com

Thanks for asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter