Where to get large volume of coffee near HS front gate

aggiedog

DIS Veteran
I know, random request. I am meeting the HS band/chaperones at HS front gate tomorrow morning. I am flying out tonight, staying at/near Disney Springs, and everyone else is driving overnight from Texas straight to the park.

I thought it would be nice to meet them with coffee, but I think I need more than say 8 cups in two 4-pack carriers like I'd get for just a few friends. I think I'd need about 30 servings. Any of you experienced Disboarders have any ideas? I'll be staying at the B Resort and Ubering from the hotel to the park.

Panera catering provides larger totes of coffee. Is there one of those around you could Uber to before you hit the park? I think you would need to call ahead to order.

Last edited:

You can order a traveler or two of coffee from Starbucks, I'm sure there's lots of those around. :D

There are WaWa's that sell Box of Joe's and they are available for delivery via UberEats or GrubHub. Bet you can get them delivered to your resort. If you are driving there is one on Vineland Rd in Kissimmee which is close. Bet other coffee places are on Ubereats or GrubHub. You could have them meet you at your resort in the AM. The coffee comes with cups and condiments. My kid and I get takeaway from here often when we are bouncing around Disney. Here is a link: https://www.wawa.com/fresh-food/wawa-delivery

From one coffee drinker to others - This is essential on a vaca. :) Hope this helps,

Are you planning to meet them at their hotel with the coffee or you want to meet them at the park with all that coffee?

Are you planning to meet them at their hotel with the coffee or you want to meet them at the park with all that coffee?

Great ideas so far. Meet them in the HS parking lot, ideally, so it needs to be carry-able, as I probably won't know exactly where they are until they get there. There will be 70 kids and 30 chaperones that will have just finished 21 hours of bus ride. I don't need to provide to everyone, but I have many friends on the trip that would appreciate it. I'll be Ubering over from Disney Springs. It may not work out, ultimately, since I'm just now thinking of this hours before I need it, but I thought I'd try.

I can't find any of the above mentioned coffee places that will deliver to my hotel on Grubhub or Ubereats. There is a starbucks just down the road from the resort. Forgive my newbie question, since I live in a very rural area with exactly no Uber drivers. I'd have to get one Uber to the Starbucks and another to HS, right?

I can't find any of the above mentioned coffee places that will deliver to my hotel on Grubhub or Ubereats. There is a starbucks just down the road from the resort. Forgive my newbie question, since I live in a very rural area with exactly no Uber drivers. I'd have to get one Uber to the Starbucks and another to HS, right?

Yes. If you have the Starbucks app, see if they sell the travel one via the app so you can order ahead. It's called coffee traveler.

I'm probably too late with this suggestion, but I'll provide it nonetheless.

There's a Perkin's within walking distance of the B Resort and Spa. It's open 24 hours. Perkins is like a nicer Dennys because it has a bakery (owned by same company, I think). That Perkins is great, too. I've eaten there many, many times.

They could probably do a to-go coffee service and you can also get some baked goods. (Although, you'll need to hide those from the kids!) You could walk over and get your transportation to the theme park from there.

Perkins
12559 State Road 535
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32836
Phone: 407-827-1060
https://stores.perkinsrestaurants.com/us/fl/orlando/12559-state-road-535.html

You could order from DD on their online APP and do a quick pickup on the way to HS. I snipped a map and address below for you. THe DD x'd out says perm closed. They are pretty quick to fill your order - especially if you order and pay ahead on the app. :)

upload_2019-3-10_22-35-0.png

You guys are great. Thanks so much.

I texted my friends on the bus and they are coffee’d out and jittery from lack of sleep. So instead I’m eating my yogurt,sipping coffee at the hotel, and browsing the Dis.

Then off to enjoy WDW with the group. Have a great day!

This thread made me wonder - is there any reason you couldn't enter a park with a Box o Joe or a big Starbucks Traveler?

I mean, security could pop the cardboard open and see it's just a bag of coffee, right?

That shouldn't be an issue rstevens333. From the Disney World website:

Q. Can I bring my own food into theme parks and Disney Resort hotels?

A. Guests are allowed to bring food items—such as snacks or foods that do not require heating—into Disney theme parks. Inform a Security Cast Member of any food items when you enter the park.​

Source: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/parks/outside-food-and-drink/

Follow up on this, just for closure: I ended up not doing anything. My friends on the bus said they were so strung out on the caffeine they'd had the whole bus ride that they didn't want any more. Also, the bus ended up 2 hours late, so the coffee may not have been all that great by then anyways. Not to mention I'd've had to hang out in the parking lot with it for 2 hours (since I wouldn't have wanted to carry that much coffee around with me if I could bring it in.) Instead, I went into the park and rode some rides until they got there.

So there you go, lots of planning for nothing! LOL

For future reference, I think pre-ordering from Starbucks and picking it up with Uber would have worked well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!