Where to pop the BIG Question

my dh proposed to me in front of the castle on sept. 8, 2001. no big production, just a simple question, but i will never forget it.

we were married nov 17, 2001!

good luck and go for it.

I think under the castle is a wonderful idea. Of course I love the castle. If there is something special to her that would be the place to go. Good Luck and Congratulations!

I proposed to my fiancée last Sept. 2 in the Cinderella Rose Garden during the Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks. It is a very nice location, especially during a beautiful evening, though I went through Disney Engagement Services so the rose garden was roped off for our privacy. It would still make an excellent spot though, even if it isn't roped off for you alone...., surrounded by fully bloomed roses of varying colors, Cinderella Castle sitting majestically as the perfect backdrop, and the fireworks going off over head to the sounds of Disney music.....
Good luck whatever you choose.

Mirth

I like the idea of in front of or near the castle... hang around the park after closing-- they don't kick you out. Let things settle out a bit and wait for the "Kiss Goodnight" and then do it. And make sure you get down on one knee! You have one chance to get this right! :D

And have reservations ready for the California Grill afterwards!

We were in MK, at Walt and Mickey's statue in front of the castle after the fireworks had finished and most of the crowds had dispersed when a young couple came along. He suddenly got down on one knee and proposed :)
This was our first night in WDW and it really started our vacation off with a piece of special magic :)

PS - I think she said yes :)

Last week I watched the Travel Channel which featured the Grand Floridian. Apparently there is a wedding chapel on site. The cool thing about it is that there is a perfect storybook view of Cin's castle. I think that something to the affect of, "and we'll live happily ever after..." in front of this picture window would be a memory maker for sure!!! Maybe you could ask guest services at the hotel ahead of time to check out the chapel, if its not being used. Whatever you decide...Best wishes!

I did it around the side of the castle between Fantasy Land and Future World in one of those seating areas last month. I also did it during an early entry day so there was no one around. It went over very well. I didn't want to make a big spectacle.

We found the Wishing Well on our last trip-had never seen it before! It's a beautiful place, it turns everyone into a dreamer.

My $.02: anything but a restaurant, that's just not necessary when there are so many other great places in WDW!

Good Luck!

:) :) :)

Wait for the evening parade if they have one. Get there early enough to get a seat on one of the benches - cross over to Fronteirland - hang a right past the food place and head on the path that takes you back up towards the castle. There are a couple of benches up by the railings. Get there early and grab one. Then you have a nice comfy seat. Maybe right in the midst of the parade? (You are not directly on the parade route but good view).

I don't know how you would get a good photo of that though....... It would be nice to have a photo with the characters at the same time. I like that Pooh idea.

Maybe you could talk to someone about being one of the parade Grand Marshalls? I don't know how to do that. But when they introduced you at the beginning of the parade, they could say, "And here is......who tonite is asking, etc. ". The whole parade route could celebrate with you! Then a CM could take a photo of you too!!!!!!!

I just asked my girlfriend on our 12/7 to 12/13 trip. We were celebrating my birthday at Whispering Canyons Restaurant at the WL with my brother, his wife, 2 nieces and 1 nephew and my brothers in-laws (Total of 9 people) When they finished singing me happy birthday and my fiance started to cut the cake I dropped to One knee and popped it. She was extremely surprised at the the locale. She kinda expected on the trip so I had to figure a time where she would be surprised.

I was hoping since it was my birthday I would be asked to participate in the Horse Race and I would say Whoa and do it then buit they didn't have horse races that night.

Great Time!!!

My husband proposed at Disney 4 years ago and It was just amazing. I would say that this decision all depends on your girlfriend's personality. My hubby proposed at our hotel (Then Dixie Landings, now called Port Orleans Riverside). He suggested we go for a walk around the grounds, and then we stopped at a gazebo to sit down and he asked! It was very quiet and private, which I prefer over being in a crowd in the parks. It all depends on the girl. If you think she would like the attention, do it in the park. If you want privacy, to hug and kiss and cry afterward, I would choose a quiet spot. I was glad we were alone. Good Luck and Congratulations!

My vote is definitely for the castle!
Nothing's more magical than that. Proposing to your princess in front of the castle sounds truly romantic.
I suggest waiting until sunset to set the perfect mood.

Good Luck!

Anywhere at disney is magical... I'm so jealous... can't wait for my bf to ask but he's already warned me it wont be til I graduate college... bummer... lol... Don't stress over it... girlswho are waiting to be asked will find it special NO MATTER WHAT!!

~Kristy

:earsgirl::) :) :)

My DH proposed at a bench on the walkway between the castle and Liberty Square. It was very romantic with the castle in the background and being that we are both huge Disney fans it was the perfect place. I'm sure she will be excited at all of the thought you have put into it regardless of where you do it. Disney is one of the most romantic places on earth so you can't go wrong!

I proposed to my DW on stage at the Hoop Dee Doo Revue (over 10 years ago). It was really wonderfully romantic for us, but I guess it's not "romantic" in the usual sense. I was an actor/director at the time -- and wanted to "do it on stage". I called ahead, and at the end of the anniversaries/birthdays portion of the show, they called us up on stage. My DW had no idea what was going on until I got down on one knee - and in front of the whole theater, I popped the question.

She said "yes" and the place went wild. Amazingly, there must have been 50 cameras going - yet, we never thought to ask anyone for the tape! *SIGH*

The cast sang their usual "My Sweetheart" and we danced on stage to the uproarious applause of the audience. It was certainly a memorable experience -- and the start of a wonderful Disney-infused marriage.

I loved that story with the brick, it was so sweet. I love the fact that it will always be there and you can go see every trip you take. I also like the idea of the castle at the end of the night after everyone is gone. Also, I found a trading pin at the Westside with Mickey proposing to Minnie. I thought that might be a cute pre- or post- gift. Congrats and let us know how it goes.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter