Where to stay in Hakone

Haley R

DIS Veteran
Dh and I (and ds) decided instead of doing a day trip from Tokyo we’ll go over and stay in Hakone for one night. If you’ve stayed there before, where did you stay and did you enjoy it?

You might try searching for family-friendly places to stay. I loved the traditional ryokan that I stayed at in Hakone, but it definitely wouldn't work for a young child!

You might try searching for family-friendly places to stay. I loved the traditional ryokan that I stayed at in Hakone, but it definitely wouldn't work for a young child!
It seems a lot of people stay in ryokans there. I would have loved to have done that, but I know our son wouldn't eat any of the food. We will go back without him at some point and do some more adult things.

I’ve found two hotels that have private onsens on a patio/balcony outside the room. Now I’m trying to decide which one to stay in. One is right next to the Gora station and the other is by the Kowakudani station

We ended up booking the Hakone Suishoen. Each room has a private Onsen and they offer breakfast and dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter