Where to stay Magic Mountain??

kingsdaughter

Mouseketeer
Not being familiar to Calif. it's always nerve racking looking for a place for my family to stay that we know will be safe =)

Diser's help me out please I am counting on you :rolleyes1

Where are some place to stay while visiting Magic Mountain??
How many days should we plan for I think we will skip the water park & spend time at the beach. Our kids have never been to a Calif. beach:cool2: . Also which beach would you suggest??

Thanks everyone :yay:

How old are your kids? And as for the beach, where else in California will you be visiting or staying? Magic Mtn isn't really close to the beach...but you're not staying up near Magic Mtn the whole time, are you?

My Dkids ages are 15, 13 & 7

I don't really know where we'll stay yet;)
We'll just be visiting Magic Mtn area & beaches & just some site seeing.

Thanks

Can't help with the beach thing but on our trip next year we plan to stay on site at Disney for 5 nights then for our SFMM part of our trip we plan on staying at the Hilton Garden Inn which according to the SF website is the closest to the park and it does have decent reviews on travel sites.

Can't help with the beach thing but on our trip next year we plan to stay on site at Disney for 5 nights then for our SFMM part of our trip we plan on staying at the Hilton Garden Inn which according to the SF website is the closest to the park and it does have decent reviews on travel sites.

Thanks for the info I will check that hotel out

I live close to SFMM, its a very safe area, one of the safest cities in the country top 5 i believe. So i wouldnt worry about the saftey issue. in Stevenson Ranch there are 5 or 6 nice hotels just a couple miles from the SFMM and there are lots of restaurants next to them.

I live close to SFMM, its a very safe area, one of the safest cities in the country top 5 i believe. So i wouldnt worry about the saftey issue. in Stevenson Ranch there are 5 or 6 nice hotels just a couple miles from the SFMM and there are lots of restaurants next to them.

Great to hear about the safety issue. I will check out Stevenson Ranch.

MM is in a safe little suburb. You'll be just fine regardless of where you stay in the Valencia or Stevenson Ranch area. If you are just looking for a place to lay down at night and aren't going to be eating outside the parks or running to Target/ the market, the hotels by MM (BestWestern/Hilton) are great. I personally would choose otherwise, but I have small children and would want to be in an area with a more 'neighborhood' feel (the MM hotels are butt right up against the freeway, and fairly isolated from everything other than a few chain restaurants.

The most upscale choice is the Hyatt, which I would choose personally. It's at the mall. About a mile from MM. Nice mall, Target, TONS of food choices, movies, etc.

Stevenson Ranch is a little farther (about 3 miles from MM) but is in an area with EVERY fast food place you can think of, as well as a huge outdoor mall with everything you could possibly need (from Walmart to Claim Jumper to Old Navy, and everything inbetween). There is a brand new LaQuinta there which I imagine would be nice (they have complimentary little breakfasts if you've never stayed LaQuinta).

There's also a brand new Courtyard (Marriott) about a mile from MM. Not sure if it's open yet though. I can ask the DH, he drives past it everyday on his way to work. Kind of isolated area (about a mile to Walmart and some select eateries, about 3 miles to the mall the Hyatt is at, with lots of choices). We generally love Courtyards though, so I imagine it would be a nice/safe/beautiful choice.

MateasMom explained it great! THe Hyatt is located at the Valencia Towncenter, which is a pretty nice mall to walk around. I use the Stevenson Ranch area for my day trips to eat there and save money. It costs so much to eat in the park, Stevenson Ranch has just about every fast food place and a number of nice sit down type restaurants. Sometimes I wouuld use the IHOP or Denny's as a gathering place to meet up with friends before going to the park.

I stayed at the Hyatt when we went to the Disney Channel Games in April 2006. It is a nice hotel and close to many restaurants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter