Where to stay? Universal Area

Nands

Earning My Ears
We are a family of 4 travelling with 2 daughters 9 and 6 in August 2025. My kids are not keen on big rides but is it still worth the extra ££££ to book a US premium hotel with express Pass? Or do you think early hours at a universal resort hotel would be enough? We will have 3 days for universal parks. Thanks

It depends on what time of year you are going. With three days in medium to light crowds and early entry, it’s definitely doable especially if you are not prioritizing the highest wait attractions and are willing to be flexible (prioritize lower waits, use single rider, come back later, etc)

The premier hotels/express would be more necessary on high crowd days, if you want a commando touring style, or a more vip type experience.

There is a big X factor to consider. Will Epic Universe (EU) be open in August 2025? They say summer 2025, but that is a wide range. Maybe EU isn't an option and UOR and IoA are the desired parks?

Then the question I would have is will the Express Pass be an option/available for EU if staying at a UO premium resort? Can you even get a ticket if that park is an option? I tend to think that all Universal resorts are planning for a uptick in bookings once the EU grand opening date is revealed.

With 3 days, (current two parks) you can get everything done. The real question is are you ok waiting 30+ minutes. If not, I’d get the EP.

I don’t think early hours will do you any good. They only have 2 or 3 rides open, and they are usually just the big coasters. By the time the other areas open, the park will be packed.

This post may also help with planning.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/favorite-non-thrill-ride-activities.3942187/post-65389123

It gives a list of the non-thrill attractions and activities in both parks. The new Dreamworks kids area should also be open, so that will give you a couple more options for kids as well.

My husband and I were at Universal, for our first time ever, this past March. I don't like any thrill rides either, but, yes, it is definitely worth getting Express Pass. It was not a busy time of year, and yet, the lines for all the rides were long. If you can afford it, get the Express Pass.

There is a big X factor to consider. Will Epic Universe (EU) be open in August 2025? They say summer 2025, but that is a wide range. Maybe EU isn't an option and UOR and IoA are the desired parks?

Then the question I would have is will the Express Pass be an option/available for EU if staying at a UO premium resort? Can you even get a ticket if that park is an option? I tend to think that all Universal resorts are planning for a uptick in bookings once the EU grand opening date is revealed.
I was wondering about this too. I may just book now with free cancellation available.... in case I change my mind.

If you do choose to get EP, I would definitely go with a resort that includes them rather than stay somewhere else and buy them. We actually paid less for a stay at Royal Pacific with unlimited EP included than we would have just buying the EP.

I would think Epic would definitely be open by August 2025. However we don’t really know how it will work. Would the premiere hotels get express access for Epic or is only the Grand Helios hotel that they are building? 3 days is definitely enough for the current parks.

We are a family of 4 travelling with 2 daughters 9 and 6 in August 2025. My kids are not keen on big rides but is it still worth the extra ££££ to book a US premium hotel with express Pass? Or do you think early hours at a universal resort hotel would be enough? We will have 3 days for universal parks. Thanks
Setting aside the unknown complexity of Epic, I think your answer comes down to your budget. If you can comfortably afford a premium hotel, the unlimited express passes are a great luxury. Combine that with the short walk or boat ride to the parks and you’re living like VIPs.

That said, Cabana Bay is great fun for families (I’d say more fun than Royal Pacific, the only premiere I’ve tried), and if you’re all reasonably fit it’s also walkable to the parks (approx 20 mins). No boat rides, though. You could also get a suite with more space for much less than a standard room at a premiere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter