Where will your first post-Covid vacation be?

We are supposed to go to Victoria, BC at the end of June -- all bookings are still in place as of now but I think that likely won't go ahead (there are some in the party who'd be coming from Australia and New Zealand so if the travel restrictions are still in place I can see things just being cancelled.) Just waiting on DH to get the okay to cancel this... fine with the WJ travel bank credit as we'll use it on another trip but would prefer a refund (even though we'd lose the companion fare discount since I don't think they're offering the voucher extension -- but with the credit bank that would disappear anyway --- maybe I should contact WJ to see if there's something they can do for that.)

We also have a WDW trip booked for late December and I think we'll likely go ahead with that (assuming that things are in a more settled state by then.) Will it change what we do on the trip --- that's a maybe ---- based on the current situation there will be much hand sanitizer. So if the parks re-open will medical masks be okay to wear at the parks?

We get a house right in town near the old church with the title grave yard. Love Rosalie’s pizza and Gedi’s. All the little stores in town. We spend the days hiking the numerous trails. Love Cadillac mountain. Love Jordan pond. We are in Waterloo, it’s a long drive. Twice I have flown to Orlando then to Bangor and my wife has picked me up on the way lol. I don’t care for the long drive like she does. Valley Cove is very nice too, a Very mysterious area. Usually no one is there.

Geddy's is one of our favorite places to eat, the other is Poor Boy's.

He doesn't get a March break with the program he teaches, and he refuses to travel over Christmas break. Just too much hassle, not to mention way too expensive and too risky with storms.
I’m not a fan of travelling during Christmas myself :) Hassle is a good word to describe it. I used to go away for Christmas though. They leave about the 27-29th. I may have to look into it once DS gets older and there is less opportunity to take him out of school. Summer it is for you then! I do understand wishing you could travel in the winter. Hopefully one day something will change with his schedule and you’ll be able too :)

I’m not a fan of travelling during Christmas myself :) Hassle is a good word to describe it. I used to go away for Christmas though. They leave about the 27-29th. I may have to look into it once DS gets older and there is less opportunity to take him out of school. Summer it is for you then! I do understand wishing you could travel in the winter. Hopefully one day something will change with his schedule and you’ll be able too :)

Yes! My top picks would be January/early Feb or November. I figure we just need a winning lotto ticket and then he can retire and we can travel whenever, whereevr!

We were supposed to go to Costa Rica in March this year, we moved that to next year March, I have my fingers crossed for this.... Then we were supposed to go to Spain and DCL in July this year. Now I’m in the process of cancelling that... waiting for DCL to cancel and will move it to Alaskan cruise next summer. This Christmas break we were planning to go to WDW but that might not happen either... Spain would have been my choice of replacement since we would need to move some of the things we booked this summer but that doesn’t seem likely to happen with travel bans... I guess my back up #2 would be Quebec if we can go there from Ontario... any suggestions for Christmastime travel there? 😅

We were supposed to go to Costa Rica in March this year, we moved that to next year March, I have my fingers crossed for this.... Then we were supposed to go to Spain and DCL in July this year. Now I’m in the process of cancelling that... waiting for DCL to cancel and will move it to Alaskan cruise next summer. This Christmas break we were planning to go to WDW but that might not happen either... Spain would have been my choice of replacement since we would need to move some of the things we booked this summer but that doesn’t seem likely to happen with travel bans... I guess my back up #2 would be Quebec if we can go there from Ontario... any suggestions for Christmastime travel there? 😅

Old Quebec city is magical during Christmas time. You can skate within the wall, there’s a Christmas market and decorations everywhere. If you ski, Mont Ste-Anne or Le Massif are close.

Old Quebec city is magical during Christmas time. You can skate within the wall, there’s a Christmas market and decorations everywhere. If you ski, Mont Ste-Anne or Le Massif are close.
Will definitely start looking into this! Thanks!

We will most likely be staying in Alberta this summer. We might travel to Saskatchewan to see family...or depending on if the tourism industry makes some cuts, we might try to take a trip to Vancouver or rent a house in the Okanagan for our whole little family for a nice summer vacation. But we will probably save our pennies and keep our travel in just Alberta and maybe to see family in Saskatoon/Humboldt area.

I'll be excited when our isolation bans lift a little and we will be able to visit the grand daughter. She is turning 3 months this week, and it sucked that this Grammie couldn't spend her first Easter with her :sad2: :sad: I can't wait to see my little peanut again!

As for post Covid travel. We are still hoping to get to Universal and Disney next spring. We had always promised our youngest, if he did better than his older siblings for marks in Gr 12, we would reward him with this trip. So fingers crossed that everything will be open once again and safe to travel. A warm weather getaway is planned for the winter of 2022 ( my 50 th ) and I swore I would NOT be spending my 50th birthday freezing my butt off but sitting on a beach with a drink in my hand!!!! For now...those are our travel plans!

Right now I am mourning our family trip to Los Angeles in June. It took a lot of work for our family of 5 to be able to get the same week off. It would have been our first trip with everybody in years. ☹️
I can’t seem to think about future travel because it feels like it will be a long time before I feel safe to go anywhere

I know it's just your opinion but even thinking about this makes me want to cry! All of my family is across the border in Michigan and we're super close. It's already been about 2 months since I've seen them and the thought of going many more months without seeing them is just awful. I would give up every vacation I have booked just to be able to hang out with them! :(
I hope you can see them soon. I will add you're lucky to be so close to my favorite park in Cedar Point. I am hoping to get back to there soon.

I hope you can see them soon. I will add you're lucky to be so close to my favorite park in Cedar Point. I am hoping to get back to there soon.
Thank you! 😊 I know a lot of people like to travel in the States so they’re giving that up but for me it’s still home even though I’ve lived in Canada for 15 years so I’m really struggling with this closed border situation!! I only have US citizenship so I’m finding it unnerving to not be allowed to enter the country I’m a citizen of - maybe I could enter but then I would probably have difficulties coming back! And my DH and kids are all Canadian so obviously I wouldn’t want to be separated from them! And I live in a border town where people normally cross all the time so it’s just a weird feeling.

Yes we’re not too far from Cedar Point although I haven’t been there since I was in college!! My DH wants to wait until our kids can go on all the big rides to go back!

We cancelled our end of July Hawaii trip (10th anniversary/my mom's 70th), doubt we will travel out of country this year, but will hopefully be able to go visit my sister and family in Drumheller Alberta at some point.

We went to universal in January so our big trip is done this year. If I don’t have an income reduction our next big trip will be Disney late summer 2021. This year we hope the marinas open so we can practice social distancing in a lake.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter