Where'd the other spaceman go?

WDWHound

DIS Veteran
I have been meaning to ask about this for awhile, but never got around to it.

Last month, while waiting in line for Space Mountain in Disneyland, I noticed something unusual. There used to be 2 astonauts in the cockpit of the ship that is hanging above the boarding area, but now there is only one.

Now, I realize that is about as trivial as it gets as far as changes go, but I can't help being curious. It must have taken quite a bit of effort to yank the second astronaut out of there, so why bother? The removal has zero effect on show, but I can't think of any reason they would go to the trouble of removing him. There had to be some sort of reason for them to go to all that trouble.

Anybody have any feedback on this incredibly trivial change? My first thought was that Disney might be mining Space Mountain for props to use in Mission Space, but I don't think even Eisner is that cheap.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter