Which airports?

stashf

Mouseketeer
I've been reading these boards and I'm going crazy! I'm considering planning a trip to CA this summer and it's overwhelming!! Some suggestions please, I'd like to spend 3 nights DL, sometime at the beach considering Huntington or Laguna (2-3 nights) and then go to SD for a couple nights. Aside from DL, would like to do Legoland, San Diego Zoo possibly Universal and Seaworld. Beach and down time important. If I started out at DL and finished in SD is it still make sense to fly out of LAX? Problem coming from Toronto or Buffalo is getting a direct flight (preferred) and mostly can only find direct going from TO to LAX but am starting to worry about the travelling with all these traffic horrors I'm hearing about! I HATE traffic, I think Toronto is bad it sounds like California is much worse! Should I skip SD and try to commute to the SD attractions from my beach resort ?? Please any suggestions or help with my loose itinerary? I'm a WDW vet but now the kids are a bit older and am not so worried about the 4-5 hour flight now and would love to see DL.

Stacey

How long is your trip, that seems like an awful lot to do in one trip. Just to let you know, Universal is about an hour North of DL and San Diego is about 2 hours South of DL. That is with moderate traffic. Legoland is half way between DL & San Diego.

With trying to do all the attractions you listed, I would fly into LAX, do Universal, then DL then Beach then Legoland then down to San Diego and fly out of San Diego. That is the direct route mapwise without backtracking.

If down time is important to you, you should consider only doing a few items on your list and to stay in the area you are visiting. The traffic can be horrible, and that might ruin your trip to stay in Laguna and have to drive almost 2 hours or more to San Diego, spend the day and 2 or more hours back. A lot of your time will be spent in a car, and with the price of gas $4.55here and going up by the minute, that is also a lot of wasted $$ on gas.

I hope I have helped to answer some of your questions and I hope your family has a great trip. Southern California is such a fun place to be!

your trip sounds like a whirlwind, You can do all your suggested.

What I would do is see which airport it would be cheaper to arrive at,
You might even want to see if you can fly into John wayne Airport which is in between LA and SD

Honestly, I would probably fly in to LAX it would be cheaper (Rent a car from LAX). Drive down to SD first. (3hrs) do all the things you want. then head up to DL and the beach, then do Universal and all the other LA stuff you want to do. and just fly back from LAX and drop off the car.

Good Luck (I work at LAX)

:wizard: Rudy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter