Which attractions are down most often?

Does this help?

The columns on the right represent how often the ride experiences a closure in the first hour the park is open.

Using Expedition Everest as an example:
  • "Closed" means that on average, it's not running for about 7% of that hour.
  • "None" is the percent of days when we've seen no downtime at all in that hour. 86% is pretty good.
  • "10%" is the percent of days where the downtime exceeds 10% of the hour (i.e., 6 minutes) - 14% of days, or about 1 day per week.
  • "25%" is the percent of days where the downtime exceeds 25% of the hour (i.e., 15 minutes) - 10% of days, or about 3 days a month.
  • "50%" is the percent of days where the downtime exceeds 50% of the hour (i.e., 30 minutes) - 7% of days, or about 1 day every 2 weeks.
The "Full Day" column on the left is the same thing, but over the course of an entire day. Note that Test Track runs for an entire day without downtime ("none") around 20% of the time. So on 80% of days, there's at least one measurable downtime incident.

The blue line represents the average attraction in each park. Attractions above the line have worse reliability than average.

Data are from My Disney Experience since 2016, many millions of samples.

WDWOutages.jpeg

Test Track. I say that because it often opens late even when weather is not a factor at all. But, as others have said, there's really no way of knowing. I'm sure some people here have gone on many trips and never encountered TT opening late.

Test Track
Tower of Terror
Frozen
Rock n Roller Coaster

I feel like they all go down above average

I don't know if this issue got fixed, but when we were there last October, TOT was running chronically below capacity due to broken elevators. Every time we went to DHS, the wait times were posted at 180 min. or more.

@lentesta - Fascinating data, thanks for chiming in. Quick question, I assume “closures” as measured in your data includes weather-related closures for rides where applicable? Or do you make some sort of weather adjustment in the numbers? Thanks.

We were walking onto Splash with fast passes once and it went down as we were walking. Not only did we get to keep our original fast passes, CMs were standing at the exits handing out four or five paper passes to each person. Not a bad deal considering we never even slowed our pace! We didn’t even use all of the paper passes before we left, we gave the rest to a random family.

@lentesta - Fascinating data, thanks for chiming in. Quick question, I assume “closures” as measured in your data includes weather-related closures for rides where applicable? Or do you make some sort of weather adjustment in the numbers? Thanks.

Yes, it includes weather. We have separate weather data by hour, if someone wanted to link those two together.

Does this help?

The columns on the right represent how often the ride experiences a closure in the first hour the park is open.

Using Expedition Everest as an example:
  • "Closed" means that on average, it's not running for about 7% of that hour.
  • "None" is the percent of days when we've seen no downtime at all in that hour. 86% is pretty good.
  • "10%" is the percent of days where the downtime exceeds 10% of the hour (i.e., 6 minutes) - 14% of days, or about 1 day per week.
  • "25%" is the percent of days where the downtime exceeds 25% of the hour (i.e., 15 minutes) - 10% of days, or about 3 days a month.
  • "50%" is the percent of days where the downtime exceeds 50% of the hour (i.e., 30 minutes) - 7% of days, or about 1 day every 2 weeks.
The "Full Day" column on the left is the same thing, but over the course of an entire day. Note that Test Track runs for an entire day without downtime ("none") around 20% of the time. So on 80% of days, there's at least one measurable downtime incident.

The blue line represents the average attraction in each park. Attractions above the line have worse reliability than average.

Data are from My Disney Experience since 2016, many millions of samples.

View attachment 317996

From the above, it looks like Test Track beats the rest handily for overall closures.

1. Test Track (13%)
2. Frozen Ever After (8%)
3. Space Mountain
....Pirates of the Caribbean (7%)
5. Kali River Rapids
....Dinosaur
....7DMT (6%)
8. BTMRR
....Pooh (5%)

The rest are below the threshold to be considered "usual."

For first hour closings --

1. Pirates of the Caribbean (13%)
2. Test Track (12%)
3. Space Mountain (9%)
4. Everest
....7DMT
....Pooh (7%)
7. Frozen
....Dinosaur
....Kali River (6%)
10. Gran Fiesta
.....Figment
.....RNRC
.....BTMRR
.....Meet Tinkerbell (5%)

Test Track was the first to come to my head. It often seems late to open (oftne by hours) when we are there, breaks down often, and then has the weather closures. As a result FP lines are often backed up to 50% of Standby times as all the FP go to all-day. It's also the ride that has gone down the most with us in line.

test track for sure. even the slightest drizzles causes pandemonium, but hey, better safe than sorry.

my friend went to disney last summer and waited two hours to go on test track, as soon as she got into the loading area and buckled up, the ride was shut down because of a drizzle. she ended up waiting another hour then gave up. i still feel her pain lmao

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter