Which day for Six Flags?

MinnieMouse73

DIS Veteran
We're going to be visiting July 25th - August 7th, and intend going to Six Flags Magic Mountain one day - at that time of year, will the weekends be much busier than during the week?

We were thinking that a weekend day would be better to avoid the rush hour traffic (we're staying in Anaheim), but how would the park be?

Would there be any difference between Saurday or Sunday? (I'll have an AP so can't do Disneyland on the Saturdays, so that would be good if the parks weren't going to be crazy).

Would there be any difference between the first weekend (28th/29th July) or the second (4th/5th August)?

Thanks in advance!

I would choose a weekday if you could. MM can be crazy crowded on the weekends. Depending on how much of an early riser you plan to be, you may avoid traffic all together. I'm usually going the other direction (from the MM area to DL) but I would think after 9 you will be fine. Are you planning on staying by MM for a night, or driving up and back the same day? -- And if you're looking to avoid traffic, you'll want to avoid Sunday IMO. Traffic can be wicked Sunday evenings with everyone coming back into town.

BTW, that time of year it is HOT. Expect it to be twice as hot as you're expecting it to be :rotfl2: Be prepared, lots of sunscreen, water, and a hat :thumbsup2

Oh, and no. I can't think of a reason one weekend would be better then the next. School here starts mid August, so it will still be full summer attendance either week.

We're planning to do it in a day, and would like to be there for opening at 10am - how long (roughly) is the drive?

BTW, that time of year it is HOT. Expect it to be twice as hot as you're expecting it to be Be prepared, lots of sunscreen, water, and a hat

We are used to visiting Florida in July/August, so we will be ready!

I think you'll be okay giving yourself two hours, but I'm honestly not sure. The drive is about 60 minutes without traffic (though I've done it in less....and LOTS more :rotfl: ). I think you'll run into more problems leaving OC then you will up in my turf, so someone down there will have to give you time/route suggestions for avoiding or dealing with that. There's not alot of traffic on the roads up here on the weekend mornings, maybe the same down there :confused3 . But on a Sunday be prepared for traffic on the way back down (I would probably choose to stick around here late to try to avoid it).

But on a Sunday be prepared for traffic on the way back down (I would probably choose to stick around here late to try to avoid it).

good point on the sunday traffic i was going to suggest weekend and avoid rush hour traffic, but the 5 is usually very busy through the Santa Clarita area all the locals returning from their weekend trips.
I would say do it on a weekday. Just leave early, once you get north of downtown the morning traffic will be headed in the opposite direction. If you stay later in the day then you will miss the evening rush hour as well

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter