Which day would be easier to add on at 7 months?

TexasErin

Loves old Pluto cartoons
DVC Silver
Fast approaching our 11-month mark for next year's trip....We have two contracts- 160 points at AKV and 113 points at BLT.

Our plan is to rent points from someone for three days before we start using our DVC points at AKV. (Yep, since we like 10-day trips, I'm feeling the itch to add on ;) ) Then we want to stay 6 nights at AKV in a 1-BR concierge June 3- June 9 next year. With banking and borrowing, we will have enough. The problem is that 8 of the points that we need are banked from out BLT contract, so we need to use them for the 252 points that six nights of concierge would cost us, which means that we can only book 5 out of our desired 6 nights at 11 months.

Since AKV concierge is hard to get, I feel that I should go ahead and book five of the six nights at 11 months---and then cross my fingers for the sixth night that I'll have to add at 7 months.

Which would you add at 7 months? Would you try to add Wednesday June 3- the first day of the reservation? Or would it be easier to add Monday, June 8 at the end? Would adding a day at the front end or the back end give me a better shot? Would it make a difference either way?

Thanks!
Erin

Since you are getting 1BR club level, you are likely to get the five nights you need initially 11 months out as long as you reserve online early morning (studios and 2BRs are often gone even before 11 months out due to small number of rooms and members with earlier arrival dates being able to book your arrival date). It is also 1BRs that have more of a chance for there to be an odd night open during a week at 7 months out; however, absent that day being a holiday weekend, there is usually no difference in the random nights that are open at 7 months out and it could equally be that Wednesday or the following Monday. Personally, I would make it the Wednesday so you learn as early as possible if you have to change plans.

What I would do:
Book the first part of the trip with the points you have in the CL area.
Book the last day of your trip in a regular DVC 1-bdrm, which will require you to move.
You will still have access to the CL area lounge on that move day up until mid-night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter