Which DVC for Grand Villas?

Yeah, your assumption that those big rooms don't book and you'll be able to sleep around is wrong. Bungalows don't book - but that's because their point cost is so high.

Right now, at the 6 month mark, all the GVs (plus cascade cabin and bungalow) are available, except spotty at Boardwalk or OKW, which I do not want. At 5 months, you'd have to split stay with Kidani/Jambo to make something work. I'm pretty sure I can get something cobbled together with point-hog rooms. We never do peak times.

But I am currently leaning BLT for resale, and also value on resale contracts seems better.

I plan to buy 200-250 points to be used to book grand villas and bungalows, the kind of room that doesn't sell out. I plan to keep this contract 10, maybe 15 years, then sell it.

I already have Poly points that I might hold longer. My instinct is to go with VGF, because it seems to have the most potential to hold value, and maybe even increase. However, a cheap Saratoga contract would get the job done for what I need to do for the next ten years, and there's a lot less money at risk. I've never even been to Saratoga, and would never stay there. The Saratoga contract I'm looking at is 19K (200 points) vs VGF at 34K (200 points). But, yea, 34K is a lot of money, and could be hard to resell.

The number that has me hesitating is total points. BLT is about 5.7M, Saratoga 14M, and VGF 1.1M points total. This makes VGF much rarer, and my instinct is that if Disney is going to keep up anything if times get hard, it will be VGF.

Would you buy Saratoga or VGF?

UPDATE: Put in a Saratoga offer, thanks for the feedback!

Before you decide you should go online to view the videos of the remodel rooms at SSR. I have two contracts at SSR and it gives us the flexibility as this resort does not book up as fast as others as we have been able to get reservations at a last minute.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter