Which DVC resort is best

Jackandsally0912

Earning My Ears
I am looking to rent points for an upcoming trip in Feb 2015 and we had our heart set on the Port Orleans, sadly we learned thatcot would likely be more expensive since it isn't a DVC property. That being said I was looking for recommendations on which DVC resort to stay at. Please help. Thank you.

Best is very subjective. First off, if you are renting studios, Only Old Key West has two beds. The rest will have a bed and sofa sleeper.

Most only sleep 4, the new Grand Floridian villas sleep 5, if one is a child.

It also depends on how much you want to spend, as there are different point requirements for different resorts.

I am looking to rent points for an upcoming trip in Feb 2015 and we had our heart set on the Port Orleans, sadly we learned thatcot would likely be more expensive since it isn't a DVC property. That being said I was looking for recommendations on which DVC resort to stay at. Please help. Thank you.

Asking which WDW DVC resort is "best" will get you 8 different answers. ;)

If you want to be near your desired resort of Port Orleans OKW is the closest. 2 queen beds in the studio, same distances for the bus rides.

As Sammie said all the different resorts have different point values. If you want to be near Magic Kingdom BLT, WL and VGF will be best. If you would like to be near Epcot and the Studios BWV and BCV would be best. SSR is near Downtown Disney. AKV is on the opposite end of the property and near AK, highly themed and very nice. All but OKW have 1 queen bed and a sleeper sofa in their studios.

OKW would most likely be cheapest pointwise. BWV standard view and AKV value are very cheap but very hard to get. VGF will be most expensive with BLT a close second.

IMO you won't go wrong with any DVC resort you choose.

No DVC can match the QS variety of the POR food court, but most have better TS options. I tend to think Jambo's Mara is one of the better DVC QS locations.

VWL studios now also have the trundle bed.

BCV is generally regarded as the best pool complex at WDW.

AKV has the most unique theme

BCV and BWV can walk or boat to EPCOT and DHS

BLT can walk or monorail to MK and monorail to EPCOT

VGF can boat or monorail to MK

VWL can boat to MK

SSR has the best DTD proximity

OKW is generally best "bang for the buck."

It really depends on what amenities make your family happiest.

All the DVC resorts are great! You will get a lot of opinions on "the best" resort but it's really your preferance. If you like Port Orleans you'll love all the DVC resorts. SSR nod OKW are near port Orleans if you like that area. Those 2 resorts are similar to upscale condos. BLT & GFV for monorail and MK fans. BWV & BCV for Epcot and Boardwalk fans (if you want access to SAB you need the BCV). AKV if you love animals and African theme. WLV if you want to feel like your in the great outdoors. You really can't go wrong anywhere, depends on your preference and budget.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter