Which DVC resort to rent points from?

2012DisneyWorldBride

<font color=royalblue>I was a Disney Bride on 12.8
Hello

We are considering renting points for DVC for the first time. We usually stay at Grand Floridian with a theme park view and I request the end of Sago Cay. I am pretty spoiled with our view of the castle :) Well this year we really want to have a trip to Disney for our second anniversary (the first 2 trips with that type of room were in Dec 2012 for our Disney wedding and Dec 2013 for our first anniversary), but we need to do it cheaper this year. Last years trip to GF was over $6,000 just for the resort!

Like I said we are contemplating renting DVC points this year and have looked at BLT about $1600 (theme park view so I can still see the castle from our room and fireworks at night from the balcony like I was used to at GF, we could walk to MK, and its on the monorail loop) or GFV about $2000 (if there are any points to rent) but of course there is no view of the castle but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the style of GF. I am not thrilled with the style of BLT...but it would get me my castle view. Or we could rent at AKV...which we have stayed at AK before and love the view of the animals but its not the view of the castle!!! So I think AKV is probably out.

My questions are...
About BLT
1. Is the view from BLT theme park view comparable to GF Sago Cay theme park view? Will I be happy with the view of the castle and be able to see the fireworks the same? I realize a higher floor is probably better for that.
2. Does anyone have pictures from BLT of the castle/fireworks at night?
3. Room requests for BLT a great view? and a picture of the castle from that room?

About GFV
1. Are there any DVC rooms with a castle view? I think I remember no... but I was double checking. Pictures of the castle/fireworks?
2. Room numbers for castle view at GFV if there is any?

Renting points are people happy? And are we able to put room requests in?

Im just so confused. I love having a great view of the castle...but I think Im spoiled with the view from GF.

Thanks for any help!! :)

I don't think you'll be happy with BLT. You can see the fireworks. Here's a typical theme park view: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=35385713&postcount=679

VGF does not have any views of the castle. You may be able to see the larger fireworks.

Also, not sure if you're planning for Dec 2014. The first 2 weeks of Dec will be very difficult to get a room. And most places are booked for Christmas to NYE. Studios at VGF are gone very early. I'm sure BLT is the same.

Good luck!

I don't know of you have considered this but my wife and I stayed at BWV with Boardwalk view on our honeymoon and we loved it. Request top floor. Great view of spaceship earth. Can walk to Epcot and boat to HS. Boardwalk is nice too. Great dining options within walking distance. You have World Showcase, Yachtman's, Il Mulino (best Italian on site). Also there is Flying Fish, Bluezoo and Shula's which we haven't tried. Jelly rolls is fun for entertainment.

It sounds like you're locked with the MK area but just another thought.

We love the Epcot resorts and are staying at BCV in August. It's a little more quiet and calming. Plus they are cheaper.

Glad you love GF. We have a newborn on the way and while he or she is young we def want to transition over to the MK area probably our next trip.

Darn it. Had a nice post but it got eaten!

We have stayed at GF TPV (not sago cay though) and BLT TPV. For that Savings I'd go BLT. MK is a beautiful sight to see in the early AM and at night and the overall view of it is MUCH better from BLT than GF IMO. As to fireworks, it is important to note that from the BLT angle you learn/realize the Fireworks are off behind the castle. It's nice and you can see them nicely, but as its a different angle than GF it is different.

I think the pictures the earlier poster linked to were pretty bad. We had a semi upper level floor and had a MUCH better view. Also, a few years ago (I don't know exactly when), they recategorized some TPV rooms into standard view (particularly lower floors as I understand it). So, if you look for pictures, try and look for recent pics (I don't know how old those pictures were).

Also, not sure if you're planning for Dec 2014. The first 2 weeks of Dec will be very difficult to get a room. And most places are booked for Christmas to NYE. Studios at VGF are gone very early. I'm sure BLT is the same.

Good luck!

That was my thought. Most of the rooms that would have really good views guarenteed are going to be booked already if this is a December trip. And really, the only one where the view is pretty much always as billed is Boardwalk View at the Boardwalk. The others vary from "we ended up on a great savannah with lots of animals!" to "yeah, its a theme park view, but I'd call most of our view parking lot."

Also, DVC isn't necessarily good about meeting room requests. They are pretty fully booked year round, and almost everyone would like a nice view. So you can't expect your view request to be met (the hotels, which operate at lower occupancy, and have a lot more rooms with good views, have more flexibility). If view is very important to you, stick with a cash reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter