Which hotel for universal??

whitneyebz

Mouseketeer
Help! We are going to universal in March and need help picking a hotel! I have no clue about the area, we always go to Disneyland so this is new for me. Something cheapish and safe!

Not cheap but you can't beat the Hilton or the Sheraton right there. Very close walk to the park. They do have shuttles, too, but I think they drop you off further from the park than if you just walked to it.

The prices vary a lot based on date of travel and might be above budget, but the Embassy Suites Glendale was great. With a Hilton Honors discount, it might be in the price range you're looking at, although they do charge a lot for parking. I cannot emphatically NOT recommend the Travelodge Burbank/Glendale. That was one of the jankiest hotels I've stayed at in a long time.

Thanks! I am willing to pay a little more...I just don't even know where to start. Is Glendale close to Universal? I want something safe, and I don't know the area at all.

When we had our US AP we usually stayed at Courtyard Marriott Los Angeles Burbank Airport. It's just a few minutes away from US and in a big shopping center with restaurants. There's also an Extended Stay America in the same shopping center but we haven't stayed there so I can't say if it was good.

We've stayed at the US Hilton. It was an ok hotel but they had really crappy customer service and I didn't feel the hotel was that fantastic for the price when I could stay for much cheaper a few minutes away.

Thanks! I am willing to pay a little more...I just don't even know where to start. Is Glendale close to Universal? I want something safe, and I don't know the area at all.
Yes, Glendale and Burbank are both close to Universal and as an upside, you can get to Universal on surface streets from both places rather than getting on rush hour freeways. The area around the Embassy Suites in Glendale felt very safe. It's mostly office buildings (our room overlooked the Whole Foods corporate offices) but there were restaurants in walking distance also -- Kiddos Creamery and Burger Bun were both yummy.

We always stay at the Garland, nice hotel, I believe they have a shuttle but it is a very short drive away. Not sure what their price is now, been a few years since we stayed there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter