Which hotel??

Miffy2003

<font color=orange>I've got Saratoga Springs - mak
Hi all,

Just after some opinions please. For February halfterm we will be going for a 3 night break to DLP. We went this year at the same time so we know it will be cold and busy!

We stayed at the Sequoia Lodge last time (and loved it) but as we have been saving up our vouchers from a particular supermarket this year we can afford to go for an even nicer hotel.

I've got it narrowed down to 2...Hotel New York and Hotel Disneyland.

Hotel New York...what can I say, this just looks like "our" style if you know what I mean. We had a good nose around it last time and DH and I fell in love with it. Also love the location right next to Disney Village and the ice skating! I think it's Bexx on this board who is a real Hotel New York lover, Bexx any thoughts?? Obviously this is the cheaper option too :)

Disneyland Hotel...well I have read Richard's superb thread :) and obviously this is the "ultimate" onsite option. This is a bit mre money than New York - but it also looks like Castle Club MAY give standard rooms the VIP Fastpasses. This would be a huge plus IMO, not to mention the free snacks etc and all the other plusses with Castle Club. I'm happy to stay in a non Castle Club room if we don't get the VIP fastpasses. You can't beat the location at this hotel, can you? But I'm not sure if I can justify the extra money (we will have just got back from over 3 weeks in WDW). But my Supermarket vouchers will be paying for well over half the holiday cost so maybe I should just bite the bullet and do it :)

Decisions, decisions! But what a fantastic dilemma to have :)

What does anyone think??

Karen

I have never stayed in the Disneyland hotel but I have stayed in the New York on several occasions & will be staying there when I go in a weeks time. I love the New York because of its style, its view of the lake etc & also it is set near to the village.

Its a tough decision as although I have never stayed in the Disneyland it looks really nice, but I personally think the New York just edges it for me.

We stayed at New York Hotel last November & it was fab. As a treat we had a character dinner at the Disneyland Hotel. It was lovely, food was fab. We thought we might see some 'out of the ordinary' characters here but we didn't. Surroundings and staff were fab but I think I'd still stay at New York if I had the choice.
I'm intrigued to know more about your supermarket vouchers!!!!

Hi - here I am!;) Yes, I'm probably the person who burbles on most about the New York - having decided to stay there just to try somewhere different, we were really won over by the place. Having said that, I am planning to stay at the Disneyland just once. Next time we go, we want to be able to manoeuvre a five and a two year old back from the parks quickly, as we always go when it's cold as well. After that when life is a bit easier and not a major expedition it will be the New York all the way.

Both hotels are great choices. Both have the larger rooms and bathrooms and both have room service. The New York decor is possibly an acquired taste, but you've already decided that you like it. Obviously the Disneyland has the location for the parks, but be sure that you are happy eating at the restaurants there (both the food AND the price) or the ones at the parks. How do you feel about trekking out on a freezing February evening, to find a reasonably priced meal? This site might help with that decision! The New York has the Parkside Diner which isn't too expensive and serves good food - I'm not sure if there is such an equivalent at the Disneyland. Also most of the restaurants at the Disney Village and the other hotels are nearer to the New York, giving you more of a choice if you don't mind braving the weather. I speak from experience!!

I love the New York, but if I had a chance like this I may well choose the Disneyland Hotel - because it's the best!! What does your heart say, and can it agree with your wallet?!:D

Thanks for all your help guys! Much appreciated.

Bubblefactory, fantastic photos (in fact, I think they have just pushed me over the edge to CC at Disneyland Hotel now ;) better go and break the news to DH :) )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter