Which is a better deal? Room only discount or free dining?

jessiesmom

Earning My Ears
Which would you do?

POR standard room for 10 nights, 10 day MYW hopper passes (for me and DD10) + the MYW dining (free with pin offer)

TOTAL $1990.56

OR

POR standard room 10 nights, 10 day MYW hopper passes (for me and DD10) with military room only discount code

TOTAL $1386.16

Keep in mind it is just me and DD10 (and we are not big eaters). I just can't decide if the free dining is the best deal or WAY cheaper room?

:crazy:

Can you eat over $600 in food in 10 days!! :earseek: CHEAP room, all the way! :banana:

I would sit down and look at some menu's on deb's site so you can compare. I usually budget 100 bucks per day for me and my two DD (3 and 4). We like to eat at least one nice sit down meal (usually character meal) per day.

Don't forget to figure in snacks!! Yummy!! :mickeybar Take the cost and add it to the room only and there you go...a rough comparison.

Hope that helps!

With just the two of you, as much as I like the dining plan, I think the room discount is more worth it, plus you can get your tickets from Shades of green that way and not pay tax.

I think the dining plan is awesome (especially if it's free) and if there were four of you I'd say do that but with only two of you the room is probably the better deal.

I'd go with room-only as well. Your DD10 would be charged child prices at e.g. character meals, so the free dining plan is less of a value for her. I'd especially go room-only if you think you won't be doing one sit down every day. (When I have kids with me, I go to at most 2 sit downs every three days, since we'd rather be on attractions than in a dining room.)

When we needed to decide which was better for us, we had to look at the meals we would eat regularly vs. if we were on the plan. If you plan to do character meals and such, then the plan may be for you. It just takes a little planning! :flower:

It all depends on where you stay. Like at the values, IF there are room only discounts, you will only save $24 a night most likely. That would make the dining part only $24 a DAY for your WHOLE family....speaking generally.

I see you have a different discount though, so for you, I would go with the room only in your case. If it were more than just the two of you, then I would go for the package.

I'd go with the dining plan.

My son and I (he's 13) used the dining plan on our trip last month. It costed $560.00, but it was well worth it.

It was nice to be able to order what we wanted without worrying about the price.

We were able to try 8 restaurants that we would have never tried if I had to pay out of pocket. Our lunch at Tappenyaki was over $70.00. There's no way I would have paid that much for lunch if we weren't on the dining plan.

By going with the dining plan, we didn't spend the whole trip eating counter service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter