Which is the best grocer to use these days?

disneyfool_1202

The countdown has begun!!
Haven't been to WDW in a few years and going Home in 3 weeks! About 2 months ago I read a thread about Garden Grocer not being of great quality any more and other recommendations were made. For the life of me I can't find the thread. So I'm turning to the experts looking for thoughts / advice so I can get my order together and submitted within the next few days! Where do you do your pre-trip grocery order?

I was wondering the same thing. We are staying in OKW in late November. I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on the subject.

I still use Garden Grocer and have always had a good experience. Any problems were rectified immediately. I ordered 60 days out for my upcoming trip and saved 10%. That was a decent amount considering there are 8 of us in our party. We ordered 10 cases of water alone!

Haven't been to WDW in a few years and going Home in 3 weeks! About 2 months ago I read a thread about Garden Grocer not being of great quality any more and other recommendations were made. For the life of me I can't find the thread. So I'm turning to the experts looking for thoughts / advice so I can get my order together and submitted within the next few days! Where do you do your pre-trip grocery order?
There was a very good summary done on the regular resorts board:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...to-hs-6-30-18.3400342/page-1262#post-59443933

I had a great experience with Prime Now at old key west last month. I didn’t do any research to see if Prime Now was best, but their prices were good, delivery was as expected, and all items arrived in perfect condition. They now deliver alcohol as well. I filled my cart in the weeks leading up to the trip, finalized it on our arrival day, and hit “order now” when we got our room ready text.

We just used Walmart grocery.. have to google that specifically... I started out using prime now had all items picked etc. but I didn't like some of the choices.. lunch meat for example.. just kinda weird... so tried walmart and they have all the normal stuff you want at normal prices you just pay a del fee of 7.99 I believe it was. They deliver to bell services. You have to place your order 2 days prior ..... check it out!

Publix through Instacart is who we are now using. Love Publix deli fried chicken!

:earsboy: Bill

We used Garden Grocer in May. 10% off ordering 60 days out, delivery was all correct and delivered 5 minutes into my delivery window, so very prompt. We did pre-tip when we placed order - not sure if that helped my service any haha! Would definitely use them again if needed and could plan in advance.

I have always used Garden Grocer and never had a problem.

Let us know which service you end up using & how it went.

Have a nice vacation!

A couple of years ago we had some issues with Garden Grocer and it took them a couple of days to correct their mistake and deliver the missing food. Their prices were also higher than Instacart. Since the prices for all of the delivery companies changes as the wind blows, we compare prices and service each vacation.

we were down in May, there were 5 different branches of the family. we all ordered what we wanted individually thru Publix which used instacart and all had great results. you free delivery for up to two weeks so when we ran out of some stuff or people wanted more beer or wine we were able to reorder at no charge. they were really great.

I'm not personally all that worried about fried chicken, but I can see why some people would be! I used to LOVE it! LOL! So all I need is someone for water and general snacks / breakfast cereal and milk. I'll check them all out and thank you all for the feedback!

We arrive next Tuesday...today I placed a rather large grocery order including alcohol with Publix/Instacart. I would have used Walmart but Walmart will not deliver the alcohol so that was a deal breaker for us. I was able to choose a one hour delivery window and since I was ordering early there were lots of openings. They do tack on an automatic tip which I left alone for now. I plan to tip more when the groceries are actually delivered. My concern is I will be in the air from 1:30 to 3:45 during which time the shopper will not be able to contact me. I did note this on my order so hopefully all will go smoothly. Note to all you planners out there...no need to build your cart too early as the sales change regularly. Publix runs their sales from Thurs thru Wed so best to wait until the Thurs prior to your arrival to build your cart as the prices do fluctuate based on what is on sale week to week.

I'm not personally all that worried about fried chicken, but I can see why some people would be! I used to LOVE it! LOL! So all I need is someone for water and general snacks / breakfast cereal and milk. I'll check them all out and thank you all for the feedback!

Publix fried chicken is our general snack, we eat on it for several days! :yay:

Will Publix deliver right to the room or do they deliver to the lobby? Do you need to make the front desk aware either way?

We have had them do both, at VGF they brought it to our room, at BWV they passed the order off to bell services. The front desk doesn't care about deliveries.

If you're not worried about alcohol, definitely look at Walmart. I'm very price conscious, so I've been poking around between the various services. The Walmart prices are way cheaper, as you pay normal in store price for items plus one $7.99 delivery fee. Other services are priced so much higher per item that, even with free delivery, your overall purchase costs much more than Walmart with a delivery fee.

Thank you so much for posting this! We're arriving on Tuesday as well at the BCV. I've been debating our delivery time since we land at 11:15 a.m. and I wasn't sure what time to have our Publix delivery arrive? Do we need to be checked-in or will bell services hold our items for us? I'll have several refrigerator items as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter