Which is the best grocer to use these days?

Thank you so much for posting this! We're arriving on Tuesday as well at the BCV. I've been debating our delivery time since we land at 11:15 a.m. and I wasn't sure what time to have our Publix delivery arrive? Do we need to be checked-in or will bell services hold our items for us? I'll have several refrigerator items as well.

I would have it delivered just after check in. That way when the shopper contacts you from the store, you can verify any changes, give the shopper your room number plus depending on the resort, they can bring the order right to your room.

:earsboy: Bill

So I had a whole order ready to go in GG but I decided to check out Walmart and I got the same stuff, plus more stuff for about $50 less money. Only problem is their check out window does not let you book out weeks in advance- only days. So I have to wait (and hopefully not forget!). But same name brands and savings which works for me. Plus instead of 4 hour timeframe it's a 1 hour timeframe.

So I had a whole order ready to go in GG but I decided to check out Walmart and I got the same stuff, plus more stuff for about $50 less money. Only problem is their check out window does not let you book out weeks in advance- only days. So I have to wait (and hopefully not forget!). But same name brands and savings which works for me. Plus instead of 4 hour timeframe it's a 1 hour timeframe.

if you have time on your hands and want to be nice, can you compare your list with Publix Instacart and report the cost difference? :love:

if you have time on your hands and want to be nice, can you compare your list with Publix Instacart and report the cost difference? :love:

I compared my list between Instacart and Walmart and there was a $63.15 difference with Walmart winning. It was a large order for 9 people for a week with no alcohol. There were several items with very large price differences. With Walmart you are paying actual store prices and Instacart, per their site, marks up the items.

I compared my list between Instacart and Walmart and there was a $63.15 difference with Walmart winning. It was a large order for 9 people for a week with no alcohol. There were several items with very large price differences. With Walmart you are paying actual store prices and Instacart, per their site, marks up the items.

This was my experience as well when comparing a small order (fresh fruit, yogurt, milk, cream cheese, butter) with the assumption that I'd be using one of my Southwest free bags to bring down my non-perishables. It certainly wasn't $60 in savings, but the actual list price of each item is so much cheaper on Walmart compared to the other services that I made up my delivery fee on just a gallon of milk and pound of strawberries. Everything above that was cost savings at Walmart.

My concern is the actual delivery experience. Walmart is known for many things, but a positive customer service experience certainly isn't one of them. Glad to hear people having success so far.

My concern is the actual delivery experience. Walmart is known for many things, but a positive customer service experience certainly isn't one of them. Glad to hear people having success so far.
I agree and only time will tell. My son and daughter-in-law do Walmart grocery pickup for their weekly shopping and have nothing but praise for the service. I have seen the shoppers in the store and at our local store they tend to be retirees that seem to be very conscientious with the orders.

For years we used Garden Grocer but will no longer because of a horrible customer service experience we had with them last October. I'd recommend Amazon Prime Now or one of the other options mentioned earlier in the thread.

this is exciting news
we are trying to save money at universal before switching to Disney mid week w dining plan

what kind of fees are involved ?

Thank you all. I do want alcohol in my order so I cannot use Walmart, is that correct?
I do not want to use GG any longer and I am most certainly no longer using wegoshop, which had been my go to for many years.

Is it correct, if I want to order alcohol, one of my options that many have been using is instacart/Publix?

Thank you.

Thank you all. I do want alcohol in my order so I cannot use Walmart, is that correct?
I do not want to use GG any longer and I am most certainly no longer using wegoshop, which had been my go to for many years.

Is it correct, if I want to order alcohol, one of my options that many have been using is instacart/Publix?

Thank you.

I do not have any first hand experience but it looks like you can do alcohol from Walmart. I am basing this on the appearance that I can place alcohol in my cart and proceed all the way to the last step of checkout.

Walmart will likely by my choice when we go in January. Their prices look really good.

I do not have any first hand experience but it looks like you can do alcohol from Walmart. I am basing this on the appearance that I can place alcohol in my cart and proceed all the way to the last step of checkout.

Walmart will likely by my choice when we go in January. Their prices look really good.

Did you pick a delivery date? I believe other people were finding that putting alcohol into a Walmart cart switched the order from delivery to store pick up.

I'm not planning on ordering booze, so that's just second hand from other threads on the topic.

Did you pick a delivery date? I believe other people were finding that putting alcohol into a Walmart cart switched the order from delivery to store pick up.

I'm not planning on ordering booze, so that's just second hand from other threads on the topic.

That appears to presently be the case. Not sure if this program is still being fine-tuned or if they are changing policy. The other day I was able to select a delivery date with beer, but today I am not able to.

Thank you.
Instacart/ Publix is an option if your order contains alcohol and you want to avoid GG. Your alcohol will not be delivered to your room if you choose this- it is held at Bell Services and an adult with proper ID must go there to retrieve it. (This may have changed and is based on what a friend staying at BCV last year experienced). Not a deal breaker, because you can go at your convenience when Bell Services is open.

We are using Amazon Prime now, including alcohol, and that means I will have to meet the delivery person at Bell Services to present ID when they arrive (they will call when they are on thier way). It's cheaper than Instacart (based on the items I have in my cart- YMMV) and because our arrival day plan is to park at the pool, I can go meet the delivery driver easily. If we were going to a park or a dining reservation, this might not work out so well for us. Friends recently used this and had nothing but great things to say. She actually had a second delivery mid-week for some items she forgot on the first order.

Instacart/ Publix is an option if your order contains alcohol and you want to avoid GG. Your alcohol will not be delivered to your room if you choose this- it is held at Bell Services and an adult with proper ID must go there to retrieve it. (This may have changed and is based on what a friend staying at BCV last year experienced). Not a deal breaker, because you can go at your convenience when Bell Services is open.

We are using Amazon Prime now, including alcohol, and that means I will have to meet the delivery person at Bell Services to present ID when they arrive (they will call when they are on thier way). It's cheaper than Instacart (based on the items I have in my cart- YMMV) and because our arrival day plan is to park at the pool, I can go meet the delivery driver easily. If we were going to a park or a dining reservation, this might not work out so well for us. Friends recently used this and had nothing but great things to say. She actually had a second delivery mid-week for some items she forgot on the first order.

Pool day is our arrival plan as well. Looks like Instacart, Walmart, and Prime Now are all good options, depending on if you want booze. Instacart seems to offer a free 2 week trial, so it might be something to look into taking advantage of for a grocery order. And you can get Publix fried chicken (yum).

Pool day is our arrival plan as well. Looks like Instacart, Walmart, and Prime Now are all good options, depending on if you want booze. Instacart seems to offer a free 2 week trial, so it might be something to look into taking advantage of for a grocery order. And you can get Publix fried chicken (yum).

I may be changing my delivery plan to Instacart/ Publix. DH has never had Publix subs or fried chicken (and our plan was sandwiches at the BC Marketplace for dinner), AND I'm finding they do have more variety for us. Amazon Prime Now has a lot to choose from, but DH and I watch our carbs and there aren't a lot of options for breakfast (the one meal we're having daily in the room).

Also, can I really turn down Publix fried chicken? I think not.

I just finished my grocery order through Walmart (I never had a chance to price it out at Publix). The Walmart prices were great- I even opted to buy shampoo, body wash, sunblock etc. rather than buy it at home and pack it. It was actually cheaper via the order than buying at Walmart in MA, and now I have less to pack! Delivery cost ranged from 7-9 depending on time of day, however there was a coupon code for free delivery that I took advantage of (savings are savings). I was NOT able to do alcohol delivery. I did try and add some Sam Adams from DH but to his dismay, it did switch the entire order at the end to pick up and we received a message stating "this item can not be delivered". The only "complaint" I have is you can only place your order 7 days out of your trip as you can not pick from a calendar. So I've had my shopping cart ready for weeks and had to log on today to check out and schedule delivery (problem with that is I kept adding stuff! ) I really DO like that you can pick a one hour time frame instead of a four hour window.

If Walmart is that much of a savings I guess I will just spend the few extra $$$ and buy my wine at the resort gift shop and still come out ahead!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter