Which MGM resturaunt is/was this?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
This morning I came across some 1989 pictures we took at a resturaunt in the then new MGM Studios. Goofy was playing the piano on an elevated (one step up) platform-or at least he was sitting at the piano. Looks like a counter-serve place. And from the park map from that year, it seems it was the area of the Soundstage Resturaunt. Oh, and I remember it was lunch time we went. What resturaunt was it? And if it was the Soundstage, whatever happened to that resturaunt?

The Soundstage is now Playhouse Disney Show.

We really liked it there, was some of the best character meals. One time we had four characters sitting with us. When it was Aladdin, after you ate and met some characters you went upstairs for a private meeting with Aladding and Jasmine.

When it first opened it was a counter service restaurant and you could meet characters roaming. We first met Belle and the Beast there when it was a counter service.

Then it became the standard character meal with reservations.

Above the restaurant (designed after a soundstage) was a catwalk area that was a bar. It was called the Catwalk I believe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter