Which moderate resort will not have discount??

disneyobessed

DIS Veteran
Booking for August. Anyone have an idea which moderate resort or resorts is usually not included in discounts? I noticed the current discount -July does not include CBR,

It will probably be based on what’s available or not booking. It Used to be French Quarter was sometimes excluded, but CBR probably books quick due now to the skyliner. If guessing, I’d follow booking availability.
Book what you like, and if a discount comes out elsewhere, it’s vary easy to change the reservation

I would guess that they would all be included, but that CBR might only be Pirate Rooms.

These new discounts don’t seem to follow any of Disney’s typical past patterns! POFQ used to almost always be excluded, but it’s included in the current one. And CBR has gotten more popular since the Skyliner and is excluded this time.

And remember, just because you have a room booked at a resort where a discount is offered, it does not mean you will automatically qualify for the discount. The old "book a room now and when the discount comes out, call and Disney will apply it" doesn't often work right now. Sometimes the discount is for the more expensive rooms, for the additional cost and the meager discount, it is not always cheaper. When a 10% discount is offered on only preferred rooms, it is sometimes less expensive to keep a standard room. YMMV. Definitely try, it can work. I'm at the WL in August and would love a discount (nothing out for our dates yet), but like the offer from last year, it probably won't apply to the room we have booked. Once can still hope!

Last edited:

I just paid full rate for December 3-12, 2022, at Gran Destino Tower/Water view tower. We stayed there in December 2020 & LOVED LOVED the resort. This stay is for 10 days & the last stay was for 9 days.. with the room and tickets for 2 people in December 2020, it was $4,200 for 9 days .. that was with a discount. The rate for December 2022 with no discount at 10 days is $5,795, that was with the add on of the Genie Plus addition to our park tickets.

I am so bummed they no longer offer the Magic Express, I LOVED heading downstairs to that area & getting whisked off to the hotel.

I still have my old September 14, 2021 email where they sent out PIN Codes for stays 12/12-12/24/2021, I am assuming they will not send out PIN codes for my new trip date and I was very concerned of the resort selling out or the Water View Room in the Gran Destino Tower no longer being available.. So I bit the bullet & put down the deposit..

I can confirm that cbr will not be in the next discount offer because I am booked there. Also, gotg will open on August 5th, right after i leave.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter