Which Moderate??

brittsmum1998

<font color=blue>just a shallow excuse to subscrib
Hi all, looking for opinions. Me, DH and DD (who will be almost 5 at the time) will be spending the weekend at the World at the end of January. No parks, just relaxing. I know the weather is really iffy end of January so I'm looking for opinions on where to stay? If the weather is good enough for swimming, all the better. At least a playground etc would be nice. Any suggestions?

CBR is my favorite, mainly because I love the tropical setting, plus they really do have the nicest, biggest rooms IMHO of all the moderates. It is a beautiful setting and they have white sand beaches, a few playgrounds for the kids, and even water craft that you can rent. There is a main pool and 8 quiet pools. I am leaving for CBR in the morning, have been there a few times and keep wanting to come back, I have also stayed at Deluxes, but still go back to CBR because I find it to be just as nice as the deluxes I have stayed at. We always get a King bed, and every time we have had a room with a great view and the two windows makes the room feel more spacious. The decor is nice and light and airy. I will post my CBR and AKL pictures when I get back on or around 9-2.

The moderates I have stayed at are CBR and POFQ.

POFQ would be my choice. It is smaller and more intimate. The theme at the pool is great - Mardi Gras! There is a boat to Downtown Disney, which is a beautiful ride, plus very convenient, as you aren't going to any parks!

Whatever you decide, ENJOY!!!!!!

:earsgirl: Krissy

Since you are going in January, you may get codes for Deluxe at regular Moderate rates, then you could go to WL or AKL? I don't think rates will be out until Nov though.
I am currently booked at PO-FQ for Jan11-14, but if I can get rate like $119 at WL or AKL (standard) I think I will have to switch!
Have a wonderful vacation!

My favorite is CSR! Beautiful grounds, amazing pool, and the sections are truly themed. CBR was nice but we preferred CSR!!:)

I would definitely recommend Port Orleans French Quarter. We were at CBR last year and were not impressed. Nothing bad - we just compared it to French Quarter our whole vacation. I guess we were a little overwhelmed with CBR. I like smaller resorts.

We've stayed at CBR and POFQ and preferred POFQ. My kids loved the waterslide at POFQ and the walk to the food court was much easier. CBR had beautiful grounds but so did POFQ. We would either give CSR a try (pool looks really fun) or go back to PO if we had the choice.

I agree with Dana, wait & see if any code rate for WL or AKL come out for your time. You could very well get a deluxe at a moderate rate. It would be especially nice to have a deluxe if you'll be at the resort more! Keep an eye open for codes at www.mousesavers.com or on these boards, someone will know when the new codes come out.

You guys are the best!! Me & DH loved CBR, that was our first resort together and his first time at the World. We loved PO also. I knew about the codes BUT didn't even think about the deluxes possibly being at such good prices. I would love to try AKL. Because we are DVC members we haven't used the hotels in a few years. I am REALLY looking forward to trying something new over that weekend. I'm thinking I'll be more excited to try AKL then the 5 nights at the BWV's. DH won't be though cause he has to pay $$$ for that weekend ;) Thanks alot guys!!

I'll be the lone vote for POR - our favorite moderate! I also agree with checking into a deluxe. WL is our favorite - very romantic setting on Bay Lake. I love AKL too, but WL is still our favorite because of the beautiful location! :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter