Which night to do Luau

yfamdiscruise

Mouseketeer
Is there any reason to choose a particular night’s luau over the other? I see there are two midweek offerings: Tuesday and Wednesday. I assume they’re the same, just wondering if there are any other activities or anything that I should be aware of that might conflict.

Same show both nights. I don't think there's any particular reason to pick one over the other. As the specific activity offerings can vary its difficult to know exactly what else will be offered either day. But regardless there generally aren't "big" evening activities on the nights of the luau's. Ohana Movie Nights, for example, never take place on the same night as the luau since they're held on the luau lawn.

Same show both nights. I don't think there's any particular reason to pick one over the other. As the specific activity offerings can vary its difficult to know exactly what else will be offered either day. But regardless there generally aren't "big" evening activities on the nights of the luau's. Ohana Movie Nights, for example, never take place on the same night as the luau since they're held on the luau lawn.

Perfect! That’s the information I was looking for. Thank you!

It looks like you can book through May 2019 right now. So approximately 6 months.

If I have a very special activity on a trip (like a fireworks cruise or something), I try to schedule it for early in the trip, to give myself room to reschedule in case of weather or something. I used to like to save stuff like that for the last night, but after the year we got rained on at the Halloween party—but friends the next night got completely rained out (lightning more than rain)—I decided to change my philosophy on that.

Yes, we are here now and had booked Tuesday as well in case it rained. It was a great show. Coincidentally, it did rain a bit on Wednesday (yesterday) though I’m not sure if it was enough to cancel/cut short the show. I haven’t asked anyone but am curious.

We did VIP and I'm torn on this. The key benefits of VIP are
-early access to pre-show activities
-better seating
-first tables to go to the buffet
-free adult beverages (don't bother with the punch they give you when you walk in. Just go to the bar)
-an upgraded shell lei or kukui nut necklace

We are not big on alcohol though some of us did enjoy a couple drinks. If you think you will take advantage of the open bar then it is very likely "worth it". Our table was great- on the center aisle one table back from the front and we very much enjoyed that but I don't feel like the 'standard' tables would have been that bad. I did not feel that the activities were overly crowded even once the non-VIP guests were admitted so that benefit was "meh" to me. I don't know if our show was sold out (there were a few empty seats and definitely room for them to have set up more tables so perhaps not) so its possible they weren't full and things would be different if they were. They definitely don't run out of food so getting to go the buffet first also didn't seem essential. The nicer necklaces are lovely but again, not an essential.

So I think it comes down to if you plan to enjoy a few drinks and whether or not its important to you to be assured you will have really good seating. It might depend also on how many are in your party and what the total cost difference is for regular vs VIP for your group.

We did VIP and I'm torn on this. The key benefits of VIP are
-early access to pre-show activities
-better seating
-first tables to go to the buffet
-free adult beverages (don't bother with the punch they give you when you walk in. Just go to the bar)
-an upgraded shell lei or kukui nut necklace

We are not big on alcohol though some of us did enjoy a couple drinks. If you think you will take advantage of the open bar then it is very likely "worth it". Our table was great- on the center aisle one table back from the front and we very much enjoyed that but I don't feel like the 'standard' tables would have been that bad. I did not feel that the activities were overly crowded even once the non-VIP guests were admitted so that benefit was "meh" to me. I don't know if our show was sold out (there were a few empty seats and definitely room for them to have set up more tables so perhaps not) so its possible they weren't full and things would be different if they were. They definitely don't run out of food so getting to go the buffet first also didn't seem essential. The nicer necklaces are lovely but again, not an essential.

So I think it comes down to if you plan to enjoy a few drinks and whether or not its important to you to be assured you will have really good seating. It might depend also on how many are in your party and what the total cost difference is for regular vs VIP for your group.
Maybe VIP isn't for us then, My husband doesn't drink and I wouldn't drink more than two, so probably just standard will be the way I go... Thank You

We did it the same night we arrived (around 4pm). It was fantastic. The food was superior to any other luau food I've had.
We thought the VIP ticket was well worth it. You get in earlier, get better seats, get to access the buffet earlier, etc. You'll be able to do some of the activities before the big crowd enters as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!