Which night to eat at Palo on a 4-night?

Just2DisneyKids

Mouseketeer
We are going on a 4-night Castaway Cay double dip this summer and I can't figure out which night to try for Palo. My check-in window begins next week and it is stressing me out! Such problems! :D
We have kids (13&15) that are excited about Pirate Night, is dinner a big part of pirate night?
Thanks for any insight! :flower1:

We are going on a 4-night Castaway Cay double dip this summer and I can't figure out which night to try for Palo. My check-in window begins next week and it is stressing me out! Such problems! :D
We have kids (13&15) that are excited about Pirate Night, is dinner a big part of pirate night?
Thanks for any insight! :flower1:
I recommend the final night. That way you won't miss Pirate Night or Optional Dress-Up night in the MDR. What you will get to miss is the dreaded "we need an excellent rating" speech from your servers. Plus, Palo has better food, so the MDR dinners won't suffer in comparison if you eat at Palo last.

We are doing this on a double dip in June and are giving up Pirate night. We've done it before so we are OK with it. Plus that night is our actual anniversary, so it makes sense.

Is there an optional dress up night? Which nite would it be on the 4nite Dream?

Would it look really odd if we stay casual on that night?

On a 4 night, I would schedule for Pirate Night because then you get the actual MDR menu at each of the other restaurants, and I would not want to miss Animators Palate if it's your first cruise. Kids that age can go to the MDR by themselves if they want the dining room experience of pirate night. But, I don't think the dining room is the biggest part--the deck party is the big part of Pirate Night.

To clarify if you don't already know, on the 4 night, each MDR has it's own regular menu. On Pirate Night, you dine a second time in one of the MDRs, but there is a Pirate Night menu that all the restaurants have.

Is there an optional dress up night? Which nite would it be on the 4nite Dream?

Would it look really odd if we stay casual on that night?
2nd night currently for 4 night Dream is optional dress up night.
You won't look really odd if you stay casual. You'll see more people in blue jeans than tuxedos.

We are doing this on a double dip in June and are giving up Pirate night. We've done it before so we are OK with it. Plus that night is our actual anniversary, so it makes sense.
We were considering the same thing! Our anniversary is July 1 which is Pirate night on our cruise. We will be with our 5 year old and don’t want to miss the pirate show and fireworks at night, but we thought she could do kids club during dinner and maybe they would have fun pirate activities. Then we would all go for the show

Personally I really dislike the pirate menu which can be found in all three restaurants that night. We are planning to do Palo on that night to avoid the food and lack of entertainment. You get robbed from the fun stuff if you’re scheduled at the Animators Palate for Pirate Night.

Personally I really dislike the pirate menu which can be found in all three restaurants that night. We are planning to do Palo on that night to avoid the food and lack of entertainment. You get robbed from the fun stuff if you’re scheduled at the Animators Palate for Pirate Night.

No.

The first night you are in AP is the Crush or Mickey thing. The "fun stuff" in there (I'm assuming you mean the drawing thing) only happens on 7-night or longer where EVERYONE is in there twice, and if you have AP on Pirate Night you will have AP three times.

AP is actually my favorite one to be in for Pirate Night as the screens show Pirate stuff. It feels more Piratey in there and is a LOT of fun.

AP is actually my favorite one to be in for Pirate Night as the screens show Pirate stuff. It feels more Piratey in there and is a LOT of fun.

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I agree wholeheartedly agree about the decor on AP on Pirate Night, but I’ve only been in the Classic ships and we are booked on the Fantasy in March. Do they do the same decor changes in AP on the bigger ships as well?

There’s also the Pirate Night Buffet in Cabanas around 10:30, following the fireworks. It can get a bit crowded/ pushy, but it’s a variation on eating in the dining room. If your kids eat light or are big eaters, or simply snack from the buffet, I’d recommend it over the menu for the MDR.

They have taco bars, turkey legs and crepes along with fruit, desserts...

You can check out all MDR menus in advance.

Pirate night menu in the dining room is my favorite one to Skip!

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I agree wholeheartedly agree about the decor on AP on Pirate Night, but I’ve only been in the Classic ships and we are booked on the Fantasy in March. Do they do the same decor changes in AP on the bigger ships as well?

Yep. On Pirate Night AP is all pirates!

I hate the AP menu. I’ll be heading to Palo that night and again on pirate night, because that menu isn’t great either. AP is ok visually, but the food is horrible. Worst of all the menus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter