Which one...The Boathouse, Yachtsman, or Narcoossee's?

Dopey Sharon

Proud Mimi of our first grandchild, Lily
Can't decide on which one for my 60th birthday dinner. Four adults, on the Dining Plan, so can't decide if we should use two credits or pay out of pocket, either. I've eaten at Yachtsman and Narcoossee's...liked them both, never eaten at The Boathouse. Help!

All 3 are amazing, but Boathouse is our favorite restaurant on property! Plus you’ve never tried it before. You won’t be disappointed!

We have eaten at all three on several occasions and IMNO: 1) Narcoossee's 2) Yachtsman 3) The Boathouse.

I to have eaten at all 3 and my reviews are a bit different I would vote for Yachtsman for overall but I rank The Boathouse for better food. It is just been to noisy the 2 times we have been there. Great service thou.

Look at the menus and see which one appeals to you most. I've only dined at Narcoossee's and Yachtsman. Service was fabulous at both, but Narcoossee's food stood out a little more. I was a little surprised at how "casual" Yachtsman felt inside. It was October during F&W so the YC was very crowded, but the restaurant felt almost rowdy to me. Narcoossees felt more elegant. Could have been timing of visit though.

Of the two I really want to go back to Narcoossees for that almond crusted cheesecake!

Hmm, ranking them on food quality I'd go (1) Boathouse (2) Yachtsman (3) Narcoossee's, but on atmosphere (1) Narcoossee's (2) Boathouse (3) Yachtsman. I'd probably say Boathouse just wins out overall since they've got a more diverse menu but we really liked the other two as well.

I'd consider paying out of pocket at Boathouse depending on what you order -- my cutoff for using 2 dining credits is whether we are going to spend $40 or more per entree, and you certainly can eat for less than that at Boathouse. I'd probably use the dining plan at the other two.

I know it isn't listed, but my favorite meal at Disney is California Grill brunch. I'd definitely use the dining plan for that. It's also more adult-feeling to me. We really liked the buffet-style food and ordered multiple entrees to share.

I actually love all three of your choices, so I think you can't go wrong. However, since you have not tried The Boathouse, and if you like seafood then I would go there.

Definitely between Yachtsman and The Boathouse. Love the way the Boathouse chars the outside of a medium rare steak. If they would just get the Truffles Mac & Cheese that Yachtsman has........Actually you can't go wrong with either. the Crew's Cup lounge is a perfect place to start at Yachtsman as is the Dockside Bar at the Boathouse. Flip a coin.

I vote for the Boathouse! We ate there 2 years ago for our 50th anniversary. We are going back to eat there on our 52nd anniversary soon! The food was fantastic, and we didn't feel the price was out of line for the great food and service. We liked the atmosphere and did not have anyone in our area who was loud. Love this place!

I was very underwhelmed by Boathouse. Our dinner there was horribly noisy, the food was just ok, our waiter disappeared after serving our appetizers and never came back... It was just not a nice atmosphere or experience, and I am actually so shocked that it is considered a signature worth two credits.

We've dined at all three, Boathouse has a Crab-meat stuffed Lobster that you can't get anywhere else. We eat there every time we are in Disney, the service is always good and everything we have had has been very good. We live in Houston, so we have pretty good seafood on the Gulf Coast and we frequent New Orleans. I wish we had a Boathouse in Houston!
Yachtsman is a solid steakhouse we really enjoyed it, but it's a steakhouse like most others.
Narcoossee's is good, but it's nothing we can't have in our home town restaurants.

Of the three, I'd rank them
1 Yachtsman
2 Narcoossee
3 Boathouse

Numbers 1 & 2 are very close, with a larger gap to #3.

Boathouse !!! Never had a bad meal. My dh and ds big seafood eaters. DS go to meal is the crab stuffed lobster. Me? Nothing that swims but I have always had a a great meal. Our service has always been good . If weather permits sit outside. Happy 60th!!:banana:

Boathouse !!! Never had a bad meal. My dh and ds big seafood eaters. DS go to meal is the crab stuffed lobster. Me? Nothing that swims but I have always had a a great meal. Our service has always been good . If weather permits sit outside. Happy 60th!!:banana:

Yes, it is not just for seafood. I can't stand sea food, so there must be other options for me. their steaks are outstanding, IMO>

Having done all three I'd vote Boathouse. Just tried Boathouse for the first time a couple of weeks ago with two
dedicated seafood haters and we all enjoyed our meals immensely:) Most Disney restaurants are noisy, I didn't think Boathouse was any worse than most of them.

ETA: If it's nice weather ask to sit outside, might mitigate the noise issue a bit.

Last edited:
Can't decide on which one for my 60th birthday dinner. Four adults, on the Dining Plan, so can't decide if we should use two credits or pay out of pocket, either. I've eaten at Yachtsman and Narcoossee's...liked them both, never eaten at The Boathouse. Help!
If you're out-of-pocket, go to a Swan & Dolphin Signature.

I'm partial to BlueZoo, but you could make me go to Shula's too without complaint.

BUT, of your three, Narcoossee's - because the fireworks and grandeur of Grand Floridian outweigh the food comparisons, where live jazz & newly opened Enchanted Rose would be included.....more 'adult' than Yachtsman and/or Boathouse (which does have very good, expensive, oysters).

The cost of the 'average' menu item at Narcoossee's makes this good use of 2-credits.

Clearly everyone agrees and you don't have a difficult decision to make :D So to muddy the waters....

1. Yachtsman - We have consistently been pleased here. The service has an old school steakhouse vibe and the steaks are to die for. Shula's actually bested it on our last trip, but presuming you're on the dining plan this is a great choice.

2. Narcoossee's - This is normally one of our favorite restaurants, though it did falter a bit on our last trip. I don't think it feels quite as "special' as Yachtsman but they do seafood consistently well.

3. Boathouse - We've only done this once but I just didn't get anything that screamed signature restaurant to me. The food was good, but nothing worth a birthday splurge.

If you're open to other suggestions Jiko is unquestionably our favorite signature restaurant. Or if you're looking for seafood I definitely prefer Flying Fish to Narcoossee's or Boathouse. And previously mentioned Shula's. Its a wonderfully decadent experience and you can sign up for their loyalty club and get a coupon for buy one entree get a second free for your birthday. I'd read they were phasing this out but I don't think they have yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter