Which order would you plan a HHI & WDW trip?

thisismyusername

DIS Veteran
Do you think it's nice to take a break at the beach and relax and unwind following a week at Disney? Or do you think Disney is what you really look forward to, and it might be a bit of a letdown to go to the beach following Disney?

FWIW, we are not go-go-go at the parks, and we find plenty of time at Disney to relax and have fun. Similarly, we--er, I--am not a complete beach bum, either: I will likely spend a lot of time biking and swimming and trying to find things to do to keep active. I will also probably make good use of the kitchen and prepare dinners the majority of the nights for us, so that part is kind of nice, but also a little tedious since that's never anything we do at Disney (where we never make any meals in the room.)

Thoughts on what you liked best?

We recently returned from our 9 day Disney trip. We were go go going the entire time we were there except for a short overnight break to Clearwater Beach in the middle of the trip. We were at the park from rope drop to close on the night before we flew home at 7:30 am. We were so exhausted when we got home that we needed another vacation to recover. :crazy2: We are currently planning a trip for sightseeing in SC/GA area and will stay at HHI for a week after. I will definitely plan some down time at the end of the trip from now on.

Where are you coming from? Are you flying and Driving to HHI?

We live in NJ and drive a lot, so we would do HHI on the way home if we were driving. I think relaxing on HHI after the parks is the way to go.

My family really loved HHI and we too are not huge beach people. We like to go to the beach swim, then head up to the Beach House...then back to the beach etc..etc..

We love to bike and kayak at the resort. Good luck with your planning.:cheer2:

I would go to the farthest point from home first and work my way back.

Do you think it's nice to take a break at the beach and relax and unwind following a week at Disney? Or do you think Disney is what you really look forward to, and it might be a bit of a letdown to go to the beach following Disney?

FWIW, we are not go-go-go at the parks, and we find plenty of time at Disney to relax and have fun. Similarly, we--er, I--am not a complete beach bum, either: I will likely spend a lot of time biking and swimming and trying to find things to do to keep active. I will also probably make good use of the kitchen and prepare dinners the majority of the nights for us, so that part is kind of nice, but also a little tedious since that's never anything we do at Disney (where we never make any meals in the room.)

Thoughts on what you liked best?
It depends on time of year and where you're traveling from. It also depends on whether it'd put you at HH weekend vs weekday and whether you'd be at WDW for an event or holiday. It also depends a bit on your travel schedule. All else being equal and assuming it puts you closer to home, I'd do WDW first and HH second.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter