Which park better for adults?

charlie2969

Earning My Ears
Which park, US or IOA, is better for adult women. A few friends and I are attending a conference and thought about going to one of these parks before our families join us. Which one is geared LESS for kids? Thanks.

THAT is a tough one!!! It really depends on what you define as a "kid"! :D Will you have little kids joining you that can't or won't like "thrill" rides...do YOU like thrill rides? This is tough because my kids are 7 and 9 and they LOVE IOA (and they aren't even really tall enough for the coasters yet), they could care less about USF, but they've been there, done that...I don't think alot of USF is that fun for doing over and over, except for MIB...but not like the rides at IOA. Both parks have their areas for little kids...and I find at both parks there is alot that younger kids can't or won't do....so I guess it would depend on the type of group YOU are...are you "ride" people....Most of the rides at IOA are either thrill, or wet...if that helps...or are you into less "invasive" attractions :D ? Will you be doing one park before the kids arrive and leaving the other to do with them? If so, how old are the kids?
Tell us more about your group, and maybe we can help you decide better... ;)

Karen

I think is the answer is: both parks!!

Universal has done a very good job of mixing adult and kiddie attractions in both parks. It's true that IOA has more thrill rides (which some people might see as more "adult") and USF has more edutainment shows in which you can learn about how movies are made. Also Mythos in IOA is a very grown up restaurant in terms of the level of the cuisine, but then USF has Lombard's landing with its elegant setting and superb fresh fish dishes. One thing about USF: The truly "kiddie" attractions are tucked away in KidZone which grownups can totally avoid.

All in all, it's a toss-up. Buy a multi-day pass and enjoy both parks.

I agree with the answer both parks!!! I think they have different appeal to different types of personalities tho too. I honestly think that most of the major attractions at BOTH parks aren't geared toward children...at least not as their primary audience...that's just my opinion...but when my 7 year old was 5, there was very little he would do at the studios (with Jaws, Kong, Twister, and even Earthquake) being too intimidating for him at the time...he was more of a "ride guy, with the Disney mountains, and Tower of Terror being more his speed...he's afraid of the dark and scary stuff...he still sort of is as he'll ride Dr.Doom, but not Twister ;) . Different strokes for different folks, young and old. But there is a good mix at both parks for adults, especially, and there are some nice kiddie areas at both parks too!

Karen

Let me tell you a little bit more about my situation. My kids will be joining me a few days later, and we will be going to the four Disney World parks. I will not be taking them to US or IOA due to budget and time restraints. I love water rides and 3-D animation stuff. I'm not really into learning about behind the scenes stuff, at least not in a documentary format. I want ACTION! Thanks so much for your help. So far, it sounds like IOA might be better because it has more rides.

Well, there is more "action" at IOA I'd say....Spiderman is, hands down, the most incredible attraction I think I've ever experienced, and that's a 3D thing...although Terminator 2 3D at the Studios is pretty darn incredible, but doesn't win out over Spidey!
You'll not only get wet at IOA, you'll get SOAKED!!! It's a LOT of fun there, the park has the most incredible theming, and thrills! Do you like coasters? Cuz if you do, then there isn't even any reason to talk about it anymore! :D It sounds to me that IOA would definitely be more your speed tho, anyway....the Studios are fine, but for pure action...IOA would probably win!

Anyone else???

Karen

IOA most definitely.

Bring a change of clothing for after Popeye and the other water rides if the weather's cool!

Most DEFINITELY IOA. From the way you described yourself, you will LOVE it.

My friend and I just got back from Orlando, and we are both 40ish women. We loved IOA, in fact, we thought it was the best park of all the ones we went to. The rides are more thrilling and just more fun. We got SOAKED but we didn't care. Spider Man is the most amazing ride I have ever been on. There were no lineups at all, and the place is decorated for christmas and is just gorgeous. City Walk is great fun at night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter