Which park for a shorter day?

ilovetotravel1977

DIS Veteran
We have the 2-day PTP pass.

Our first day, we will only be at the parks until 4:30pm.
Second day, open until close.

Which of the two parks has less to see/ride?

Hi that's tough to call because there are different rides in each. I feel the studios has more screen/simulated rides then IOA. It really depends on what is more important to you. Since you have PTP you could bounce between the parks. With them being so close together it is really easy. You could use the Hogwart's Express or go out the main gates in the front of the parks. The park entrances are about a 5 minute walk from each other.

Enjoy!

Oh! I didn't realize they were so close together! I'm really trying not to go all Disney in planning for these parks.

Hi you really don't have to plan like Disney. Yes they are nice and close so it is so easy to Park Hop. The Hogwart's Express is located in the back of the Studios outside of Diangon Alley and it will take you in to Hogsmeade area at the back of IOA. Even from the back of the park to the front is about 15-20 minute walk, then another 5 to the other entrance.

Okay then if you are interested in the Harry Potter Worlds then I would plan on them either the end of the day (early evening) or first thing in the morning. These areas are small and can get quite crowded late morning till around late afternoon. The two main rides in each land can get busy. If you are interested in the Minion Mayhem ride in the Studios I would suggest the same plan for them. The stand-by line can easily get to 60 minutes through the day. For your first day I probably would go to IOA since you are coming a little later. I think it has a couple of less rides and a little easier to navigate. It is in a circle. It is easy to start from one end then go all the way around. Diagon Alley in the Studios is a little smaller and is better to do first thing in the morning. I would hit the studios on your second day in the morning Diagon Alley and Minion Mayhem first then choose from there. You can do what rides you want there then always hop back over to IOA to re ride anything you likes. I personally think PTP is a really good way to go there.
Any other questions just ask:)

Having no EP but PTP is good. Even on your shortened day you will likely bounce between the two parks several times.

They're so close together that I wouldn't even think of them as 2 parks, I would think of them as one massive Park.

Then really, as long as you know the layouts (what is where), and have the app in hand, you'll see what attractions have high vs. low wait times and move to wherever you want to go. At a particular time, most of the attractions in one park could have high wait times while the other park is very slow (or vice versa) depending on the ebbs and flows of crowds.

Can your party make use of the single rider lines? That can be a big help with a couple of the attractions. I personally felt single rider moved well with RRR and FJ.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter