Which park for a solo day?

Spork3127

Mouseketeer
So I'll be attending a conference in June (12th-14th but have to arrive sometime on the 11th). I plan on arriving as early as possible on the 11th, storing my luggage at the hotel, and then hitting up one of the parks for the day. The question is, which one? I'm leaning towards MK and just taking my time. Other than the Emporium, I never get to check out any of the shops, so I'm thinking of strolling MS USA to take in the shops, hit up the single rider lines for a few rides, and just enjoy myself. What are your thoughts on the other parks for a day trip? If Galaxy's Edge were to be open, it'd be a no brainer and I'd be at HS to check out Galaxy's Edge. Just wanted to get some other insight.

Galaxy's Edge won't be open til November of next year and even then it is likely to be crowded for a while. Epcot is great for a day trip, though it can easily take two days to go through. I haven't done Animal Kingdom yet, but if you haven't done Pandora yet, it may be worth it for that. I wasn't overly impressed with most of Hollywood Studios, mostly enjoying the atmosphere more than the rides. Magic Kingdom would clearly have enough to do for a day, and you could get a nice start with an early breakfast at one of the nearby hotels(1900 Park Fare is a great buffet, but the restaurants at the Polynesian are closer) and then go straight to the park.

There are no single rider lines at MK. The only SR lines are AK Expedition Everest, Epcot Test Track, and DHS Rockin' Rollercoaster.

If I had one day - unless I was planning to be there multiple times that year and a park had something new I hadn't done - I would pick MK. I would buy your ticket in advance so you could book some FP's for the afternoon (or starting at a time safely after you expect to arrive.) Plus - you don't need the added time it takes to buy the ticket at the gate. Besides your 3 FP's (and maybe more later after those are gone) - there are plenty of things to do that won't require a long wait time.

BUT - if you haven't been to Pandora yet - AK is a good choice for a one day park solo.

And for whichever park you pick - I'd suggest one TS meal - so book that ADR in advance.

It all depends on your liking. I myself wouldn't choose MK for solo. I would probably go with Epcot or AK (maybe after Galaxys Edge I would choose HS).

If I had just one day though, I would probably get a hopper. I know it is quite expensive to add it up, but I would get a hopper and do AK FOP FP+ first thing in the morning, next FP+ Everest, and depending on park hours put Kilimanjaro or Dinosaur, then jump over by bus to Epcot while trying to get FP for Mission Space, Test Track and/or Soarin, after a couple of those I would eat and go to MK by Monorail for end of day fireworks, as Happily is by far the best fireworks show on property, in my opinion of course.

Edited to add: You would miss on Pandora at night, which is gorgeous, BUT you can't have it all with just 1 day... heh.

The question is, which one? I'm leaning towards MK and just taking my time.
Go with your leanings! Sounds like you already have a plan that you are looking forward to. Taking the time to just explore the shops is a great way for a solo traveler to experience what you can't with others who are more interested in rides.

What are your thoughts on the other parks for a day trip?
My fav solo is Epcot. Lot's of interesting non-Disney shops to explore there and I love the 360° movies. I don't get to see those when I'm with others.
AK is wonderful solo for a day. Lot's to see.

Go with your leanings! Sounds like you already have a plan that you are looking forward to. Taking the time to just explore the shops is a great way for a solo traveler to experience what you can't with others who are more interested in rides.

My fav solo is Epcot. Lot's of interesting non-Disney shops to explore there and I love the 360° movies. I don't get to see those when I'm with others.
AK is wonderful solo for a day. Lot's to see.

And Soarin is absolutely amazing, of course.

Magic Kingdom if your looking to do rides and Epcot if your looking to tour a park and relax and enjoy a slow paced day.

It all depends on your liking. I myself wouldn't choose MK for solo. I would probably go with Epcot or AK (maybe after Galaxys Edge I would choose HS).

If I had just one day though, I would probably get a hopper. I know it is quite expensive to add it up, but I would get a hopper and do AK FOP FP+ first thing in the morning, next FP+ Everest, and depending on park hours put Kilimanjaro or Dinosaur, then jump over by bus to Epcot while trying to get FP for Mission Space, Test Track and/or Soarin, after a couple of those I would eat and go to MK by Monorail for end of day fireworks, as Happily is by far the best fireworks show on property, in my opinion of course.

Edited to add: You would miss on Pandora at night, which is gorgeous, BUT you can't have it all with just 1 day... heh.

This is a pretty good plan! Only problem is getting a FP for FOP at 9 am if you aren't going to be staying on property and going to DAK on your 6th day. They'd have better luck rope dropping FOP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter