Which park table service rest with my 4mo in his car seat?

skiptomypooh

Disney Daughter, Disney Mom, Disney Fan forever!
I know, it's a crazy question, but it's our first time at The World with an infant. Does anyone know if the Disney restaurants have accomodations for the baby car seats (buckets) that you put the newborns in? DH and I are traveling with our 3.5 yo DS and our 4 mo and would like to have a couple of sit down dinners in the parks. The little one is too small to sit up in a high chair so it's the baby seat or our laps (tough to do for an entire meal, but not impossible). The big guy is used to eating out, so I'm not worried about him or his behavior.

Here's what we're thinking:

Staying at Coronado Springs, so the quick counter service at Pepper Market should be good, even if we do hold the baby for the meal.

This is our third trip to Food and Wine, so we will definitely be having a couple of dinners from the little huts. DS loves being able to walk around and eat in the stroller.

We have reservations for the Luau one night and plan to hit Celebration for one night.

The real question is, if I make a reservation for something in Epcot, like Italy, can I bring his baby seat. For the others, we'll be close to the car, so we can always dump it if we need to. At Epcot, it's a hike. We'll have a double stroller with us, but it's the side by side type (foldable), so it doesn't hold the baby seat. We'll have to lug the seat back to Italy with us. It's definitely worth it if he can use it in the restaurant. However, if the restaurant can't accomodate it, then I'll make other plans.

Any comments from the experienced travelers here at the DIS are greatly appreciated!

Here's what we do - the high chairs won't work for him but you can turn the high chair over and use it as a stand for the car seat. Most places do that for us with our baby. Since DD is going to be 5 1/2 mos. when we go, we're going to use a portable bouncy seat. When are you going? If your trip is right after mine, we can send it to you when we're done - a DISer sent it to me. I'll be there 10/30 - 11/04.

Thanks Baileymouse. Great suggestion. We'll be there 10/30-11/7, so we won't be able to take you up on your kind offer, but my friend has one of those seats and I'm sure they'll loan it to us.

Perhaps we'll see you there. Enjoy your trip.

What we did on last trip in April, we had a 3 month old and 2.5yr old. We brought separte strollers for them. I got one of those strollers that was just a frame and you could snap the infant car seat in it. So when my DD was asleep we just kept her in the car seat. For my DS we just brought a umbrella stroller. We checked it in as regular luggage. (the wheels bent on the stroller) So I ended up renting for my DS. Which worked out much better than the umbrella stroller. DS is very big and tall for his age so this more room in the rented strollers. He loved it. This worked out really good with two strollers. Because I was able to take DD to the baby stations to nurse her. My DS just stayed with the rest of the party.
Maybe something you might want to consider.

Also I read somewhere (can't rember where) that only Chef Mickeys and Crystal Palace have the infant high chairs.

Have a great time. :wave:

A couple of thoughts - one is do you really want to carry a carseat - even a "bucket" type around wdw? Perhaps a small stroller that reclines flat would work better for the parks and for the restaurants. Especially if you eat at some off peak times and or explain to the CM's that your child can't sit safely in a high chair.

There are many studies now that conclude that long periods of time in an infant car seat are not beneficial to children. They site strain on the back and restricted air flow due to the postition of baby. While riding in the car an infant seat is of course the safest place for baby as well as the quick trip to the grocery but a day in a stroller via the carseat has proven to be less than ideal.

Hopefully you can use a portable seat or the stroller in restaurants and a comfortable stroller for baby during long days at the parks.

I am quite sure that if your child is sleeping or you make reservations at off times they will accomodate the stroller. Perhaps a mention of your situation when making or confirming the ps will also help.

One more suggestion I have is to try out a sling or snugli for your child for lines and for times when baby wants to be held. When mine were young it was a lifesaver for waiting lines, shows and fantasyland rides.

Have fun
TJ

There happens to be a thread on the familes board from someone who just returned with an infant, perhaps this will be helpful as well. I think its was "just back with baby not ready for highchair" or something similar.

TJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter