• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which plan for Sept?

southgal

Mouseketeer
Any real difference (crowds, activities, etc) between these 2 plans?

Sun 9/2-5 OKW + 9/5-7 VB
Sun 9/9-12 OKW+9/12-14 VB

I know the first week hits with Labor Day, but aren't most folks back in school or at home planning such? Would appreciate any experience/advice. Dh has both weeks off, so I considered booking the first week then changing if necessary due to weather, but I'd like to know if I'm missing info on better time.

Thanks!

the 2nd week will be less crowded.

you are right and labor day is probably the least crowded holiday. but it is still a holiday and local AP owner will be there.

It drops off very dramatically after Labor Day. Splash Mountain's wait was the time it took to walk through the queue when we went in 2005. Now they may have gone for the smaller crowd with the free dining and those early attractions at the MK, but my bet is that it will still be light crowd-wise when we go down in about 45 days!

Any real difference (crowds, activities, etc) between these 2 plans?

Sun 9/2-5 OKW + 9/5-7 VB
Sun 9/9-12 OKW+9/12-14 VB

I know the first week hits with Labor Day, but aren't most folks back in school or at home planning such? Would appreciate any experience/advice. Dh has both weeks off, so I considered booking the first week then changing if necessary due to weather, but I'd like to know if I'm missing info on better time.

Thanks!

Are you talking about this year? If so, there probably are no ADRs left just about anywhere because this was the free dining period - so don't pay for DDP . If it's next year, make your dining reservations as close to 180 days as possible - people make ADRs just on speculation that free dining will happen.

Are you talking about this year? If so, there probably are no ADRs left just about anywhere because this was the free dining period - so don't pay for DDP . If it's next year, make your dining reservations as close to 180 days as possible - people make ADRs just on speculation that free dining will happen.
I can verify from first hand experience about the ADRs. I'm going 9/4-9/8, and I just called today to verify, change (try to), and add (try to) some ADRs. It's so hard to get in (almost) anywhere! However, if you're going then, Yachtsman Steakhouse, Cape May Cafe character breakfast, Citricos lunch, and Yacht Club Galley had availability outside the parks. Spoodles or anywhere in the parks were pretty booked up.

the 2nd week will be less crowded.

you are right and labor day is probably the least crowded holiday. but it is still a holiday and local AP owner will be there.

Oh, good point. I had not considered locals being glad to use their AP for the last chance of summer. Thanks!

It drops off very dramatically after Labor Day. Splash Mountain's wait was the time it took to walk through the queue when we went in 2005. Now they may have gone for the smaller crowd with the free dining and those early attractions at the MK, but my bet is that it will still be light crowd-wise when we go down in about 45 days!

The year before free dining (2004 maybe?!) it was like that on every ride, but the 2 years we did free dining I found it quite packed, but we had to do August those 2 years. I'm hoping September is the ticket, so to speak. Thanks!

I'm relatively ok with no dining ressies, tho I'm sure there are a couple we'll want if possible. I'm an odd one - I don't mind cooking on vacation (or any other time for that matter). Thanks!

I can verify from first hand experience about the ADRs. I'm going 9/4-9/8, and I just called today to verify, change (try to), and add (try to) some ADRs. It's so hard to get in (almost) anywhere! However, if you're going then, Yachtsman Steakhouse, Cape May Cafe character breakfast, Citricos lunch, and Yacht Club Galley had availability outside the parks. Spoodles or anywhere in the parks were pretty booked up.

Wow! I didn't realize it would like that. I'm ok cooking in the villa, tho, so I won't sweat that. I do hope you were able to modify as you needed. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter